Sunday, May 25, 2008

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed...
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Proverbs 16:3 & 9

When I went back to college I had a certian course in mind. One that I thought was in tune with His plans. However, after graduating I had a hard time finding a job. As a matter of fact it took me 6 months to find the job I'm at now. Now, looking back I can see God's fingerprints all over that time spand. If I had received a job or had any old job come along and I had taken it I would have missed knowing what I know now. It's still hard for me to believe that I've finally discovered the reason (career wise) I was created for. How do I know I've found it...Passion. I would have never gone to work for my former employer had I not been in such a need for a job. I believe God stretched out the timing I had to wait so that I would not turn down this job (I knew my boss ahead of time and how she treated people). God has taught me much about my field and how to deal with people that I would normally cower from.

In the midst of a very stressful week God showed me His love for me. Ladies, I can mark in my prayer journal an answered prayer..... I GOT MY JOB!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I finally have a job with benefits and a future for myself.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers!!!!

An update on my Grandmother.....she is doing really well!! I thank you again for your prayers. Her surgery will be Tuesday sometime in the afternoon.


11 comments:

Denise said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!! PTL....... What wonderful news.... He is taking you down such an exciting path....... a job with benefits and a future for you and who knows who HE will put in your life....... He is never late and always on time......... Yipeee... You will have to tell us all about it......... and I am thrilled about the news of your Grandmother......... I will keep on praying........... You and Sharon have been on my mind all day today........ even while planting my hostas!!!!!!!!!!

love ya!!!!!!!

luvmy4sons said...

Wonderful news about your job. It is funny how Jesus molds us through those times when it seems as if we were idle and not doing what we wanted to be doing. Tuesday afternoon...will be praying.

AK said...

I'm glad your grandmothers doing better. I'm sooo excited for you about your new job...His ways are so much higher than ours. So often we forget that the only GOD is the director of our lives!

AK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Brumfield said...

He did it!
He said that He could handle our lives and He is proving it by making our faith sight.
Hope you are having a great day...and remember I love ya!
Bus, busy , busy!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

woo-hoo! Here's some shouting from NC. Perfect verse to coincide with God's perfect timing for your new adventure. Don't let fear take hold...not one ounce of it, but rather walk in the "new" that God has landed in your lap and asked you to trust him with all the details.

Can't wait to hear more about the adventure in the days ahead.

peace~elaine

Fran said...

YAY! YAY! YAY!!

I'm so very happy for you!

Enjoy and have a wonderful week...
Love,
Fran

Tammy M. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. So glad to see your name in the comments.

Given Grace said...

Congrats on your job!!! Cant wait to hear all about it!

Praying for your grandma!
Stacey

Given Grace said...

Congrats on your job!!! Cant wait to hear all about it!

Praying for your grandma!
Stacey

Gone said...

Congratulations and PTL on the new job, benefits, your BLESSED future and how well your grandmother is doing!!! Prayer ALWAYS works!!!

***I see my dear friend, Tammy M has visited you (comment above)!

Her story about her son, Jack and his journey through cancer is amazing!!!

~Blessings,
Jan