The last few days I've noticed a common theme going on.
I look around the house and in the car and there it is.
Clutter. I experience bouts of fatigue and they are starting
to come often. I know I need to stop and take a break but
how, when, where.....how! Now, mind you I don't mind the
fatigue because it's better than what it use to be....depression.
So I'll take fatigue anyday. Anyway, back to the clutter
issue at hand.
I also began to take notice that the outward clutter I saw
was a reflection of the inward clutter I was feeling. That
just as the outward clutter was driving me crazy so was
the inward clutter. A mind full of thoughts, worries,
confusion and lists of things to do. A heart full of hopes,
dreams and prayers. I know just as I need to clean the
clutter around me I need to clean the clutter building up
within my mind.
I just started tonight looking for scriptures...so far this one
I've found- "As water reflects a face, so a man's heart
reflects the man." Proverbs 27:19
I'm glad it says heart and not mind! At least this heart
of mine is the part focusing on the positive. Sorry, these
are just some rambling thoughts I'm thinking through.
I will be decortating and gearing up for Vacation Bible
School!!!!! Our VBS starts on Monday night so I'm sure
I won't be posting for the next week. If I have a mind at
all when I return it will be amazing!!!!! Summer school
start Monday too.
I love VBS though it makes me fall in love with Jesus
over and over....not to mention loving those little creatures
of His that I'll be chasing around!! I know that I will get
lots of inspiration for my next few posts!
Thank you all again for your prayers for Grandmother!
She continues to do well!!!
Sending out love~
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yep. My mind has been cluttered a lot lately too! Have a great Vacation Bible School time!
MJ:
Sounds like you need a Sabbath rest. Take time to find it this weekend. Even in the midst of your busy. Hop on over for a visit if you can.
peace~elaine
Hi, I'm visiting for the first time.
Your writing has made me recall a couple of verses:
Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me."
Psalm 139:23-24 "Search me O God, and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
More than the clutter in our homes, God cares about he clutter in our hearts. 1 Sam 16:7 - "For man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
Your words have called me to be still and ask the Lord to check my heart condition today. Thank you.
Blessings,
Joy
Ran across your post after I was done posting. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has trouble resting at times. Well... I had rather you rest,the Lord laid some verses on my today as well on rest. If you would like to check them out you are welcome to visit my blog. Hoping and praying the Lord gives you rest, an awesome VBS, and thankful He has answered prayers for your grandmother.
Lovinjesus
God Bless
Tracy
Hey girl...
I'm praying for your week and for VBS to be full of Him, love, and fun! And some extra energy too! :)
Hugs and blessings~
Fran
Good to hear about your grandmom... I know you are having such a busy week with VBS so just wanted to stop in and let you know you are on my mind and in my prayers... I have changed some things in my life this last week and I am trying to sick with it... and Clutter!!! I am the queen...... too much stuff...... seems in the past 6 months I have been in a "throw away" mode..... and that is a good thing........
Blessings my friend and rest well this week.........
Post a Comment