Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Anybody up for a Victory Dance??

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been waiting to do this victory dance since last Thursday!
Grandmother is doing GREAT!!!! They took her back for
surgery at 2:00 p.m. and by 3:00 p.m. she was done and
back in her room. She was chatting away still when I left!
She is already talking about her two favorite subjects we
hear often...(way too often ) "you girls better save your
money hard times are here" and she was saying she so
hopes that she's able to help put up the garden produce.
I told you guys she was a go getter!!! Wouldn't want her
any other way! Hope I'm going just as strong when I turn
88 yrs old!! When the surgery was over you should have
seen my Dad strutting down the hall with such a huge
pep in his step. He was so relieved! Granddaddy passed
away over 15 yrs ago. He had a heart attack and went
to be with Jesus in my Daddy's arms. I know that Daddy
will get some real rest tonight knowing everything is
good with Grandmother.

I can now truly celebrate my new job!! God is so amazing
to us.....even though we go through times when we think
He has forgotten us! I had such a peace about Grandmother
this week. Satan tried several times to shake my belief
in the peace I felt but I hung on to it as tight as I could.
God is so good to us! He loves us so much I can't
comprehend it. I wish everyone knew that!!!

My sweet friends- I thank you for walking this week with
me and for the prayers you surrounded my family with!!!
God has richly blessed my life through you all......
Wish I could ((hug)) all of your necks in person....
Sending you love.......

Melanie

8 comments:

Growin' with it said...

rejoicing with you girl!

Denise said...

"Happy Feet"... I am soooooooooooo glad to hear that....... We love those little grandmom's.... She sounds like a little lady that I would love to be around.... they are a generation that we will never see again...... Tough and full of wisdom mixed in with all that tenderness and love....... I pray that I am a grandmother like that one day........ Girl friend I am so happy for you and your Dad.....Our God reigns!!!!! And we do not leave this world until He calls our name...........

Love ya!!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hmmmm, thinking maybe prayer works!
I am so glad that this little test is over and you and your family can get a little rest.
I pray you have your grandma for many more years.

luvmy4sons said...

How awesome! Thanks for sharing the good news. I think I would like very much to meet your grandmother! Celebrate girl! Do the happy dance. Praising God with you!

Given Grace said...

SOOOO happy for you and your grandmom! Praise God that He is in control!

Anonymous said...

Lots going on over in your neck of the woods! I am so glad to know your Grandma is doing well! And you got a new job to look forward to! Phew! Life in the Lord is NEVER boring! :)

best wishes to you, Melanie Joy!

Maria

Kate said...

Yeahhhhhhh...Praise God!!!

I had to do some catching up 'cause I've been out of the loop for a while (out of town and stuff). I am so excited to hear about your new job!

I am so glad to hear your grandmother is doing well. Sorry I missed the blog I thought about catching up mid week last week but my sister has dial up and a REALLY slow computer. I'll be praying for continual and speedy recovery.

Gone said...

Dancing that Victory Dance with you and the Lord...and Grandma!!!

Isn't life amazing when we let the Lord be the center of it?

By the way...LOVE your choice of music on your Blog!!!

~Blessings