Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Not sure I should even speak out loud today and post this
post. I can't shake these thoughts so I'm going for it.
I hate change! Either things in my life that I don't want to
change...yeah they change or things in my life that I do
want to change....don't. So what's this girl to do....??
Quote Max Lucado....
"Change. Had more than your share? With life comes
change. With change comes fear, insecurity, sorrow,
stress. So what do you do? Hibernate? Take no risk for
fear of failing? Give no love for fear of losing? Some
opt to. They hold back.
A better idea is to look up. Set your bearings on the one
and only North Star in the universe- God. For though
life changes, He never does."

5 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Melanie:
Thank you for your comment on my blog. I want you to know something...

I can only write those words...those identity words of "less than" because I have lived them. I've spent the better part of my existence listening to the lies of the enemy rather than scripting my life with the identity that God has given me through his Son.

Even tonight, my heart boasts a wandering saddness for a life not yet fully tasted. In part, yes, but there is a lingering want that echoes through the canyon of my need...whispers that come with the night that tell me...

Never, elaine. Not yours. This is as good as it gets.

These are lies straight out of the pit of Hell, for my God and your God is a "more than" God. He never limits his good to our current. He puts his Spirit within us because he is a God of intention...a God who sees far beyond my limited vision this night.

I recently did a mini-study on my blog entitled "The Promise of Eden" based on Genesis 18 and God's promise of a son to Sarah and Abraham. God's "new" in the midst of their "old."

I so desperately want his more and his new within this aged flesh I call me. I think we all do, so all this to say...

please join us in the study of the most magnificent Word that has been scripted onto paper and into the hearts of men and women.

We're all in this together, and tonight, I am so glad to be yoked alongside strangers and sisters who are all in hot pursuit of our Maker.

Be blessed and peace to you!

~elaine

Sharon Brumfield said...

Now I know.....you are in hiding. :)
I hear you.
I hear you about the change thing. I usually like the change once I get used to it....but not the process.
Feeling like a little girl lost in a huge store and I don't know if I can be found.
But.....we know that is a lie and He sees and He is taking us to a better place. It does not matter what our eyes and emotions tell us. We will tell our soul that it is well.
It is.
No matter what our eyes see.
Faith is stepping over the cliffs edge.....knowing that even if we make a mistake......He will not let us die on the rocks below.
He won't.
I love ya girl.

Kate said...

Change is never easy...even when you are the one making the change, but it always helps us grow.
I pray that the Lord guide you through this time and show you your place in it all. I pray for your strength to press through this obstacle victorious and see your blessing on the other side!

xoxoxoxoxo

ps...I like the pic you have on your May 4 post, it reminds me of a song Rita Springer sings that says "if You say step out on the water, and they say it can't be done, we'll fix our eyes on You and we will come."

Growin' with it said...

whatever change is on your horizon, it sounds like your feet are planted in the direction He is keeping you and preparing you. God is surely worth our trust and confidence. hang in there!

Denise said...

One thing about change...... He has been preparing you for a long time...... We do not know that we are in preparation for change but He never throws things at us that He does not prepare us first..... I hate change and I bite my nails and worry but change always comes and when we allow his peace to rule us we will find that the change is not only good but necessary....... I am such a create of comfort and I hate going outside that zone........ but He always leaves His footprints for us to follow.......... I have chosen times in my life not to follow and refused the change that He wanted to make.......... I look backward and it was so costly.....

Love ya............