Friday, May 23, 2008

Here's the update. They put Grandmother in ICU last night.
She has two more blockages they are both around 80% blocked.
They would do open heart surgery but due to her age and the
last surgery she's not able. So, she is having more stints put
in on Tuesday.
This will be my last post until then but I promise to keep you
updated. I'll be able to come around and visit you guys on and
off. Thanks again for all of your prayers.
Grandmother she's is a go getter. She is 87 yrs. old, she still
does all her cooking and cleaning. It's nothing for her to cook
for us a couple nights a week just because she needs something
to pass the day away with. Cooking is her thing...it's her way of
still caring for those she loves. We try to get her interested in
other shows besides CNN. We don't have to watch the news
because she gives us updates every 15 min. She is part of a
legacy that has passed down a generation of family, faith and
values. They have set a mark and impressed those values on
their children, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren.
She's the only Grandparent to meet the greatgrandchildren.

Thanks again for your prayers. I will think of and pray for
each of you this weekend. Have a safe and great holiday
weekend. Love.......

7 comments:

Denise said...

I am so sorry to hear that she is going to have to have stints.. but because she is strong and a go getter she should do fine... I will pray for her this weekend... We are going to just putter around the house most of the weekend but maybe go on on short day trip....

Be blessed my friend and check in when you can...

Love ya much!

luvmy4sons said...

Oh my. I am sorry her health woes continue. That is so wonderful that she is so able at her age to do for herself.

Jesus,

You have numbered Grandma's days before one of them came to be. We know You see her now. Please guide all medical personnel in their doings. Give grandma and her family peace and joy in the knowledge that You are sovereign. We ask for Thy perfect will. We ask for Your blessing. Please touch her--we know Your touch will lbe just what she needs. Amen.

Denise said...

Girl.....just wanted to stop and and say that I will be praying for your little grandmom this weekend.. I will be out and about a lot this weekend but she will be on my heart along with LeaAnn... and I have not asked in a while but how is your BIL and sister? Wonder how his back got? I pray he is totally recovered........

love ya

AK said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for her (and for you). :)

Sharon Brumfield said...

Now I know I read this post--wonder what happened to my comment.
Well I guess I said enough last night not to have to put anymore here today.
Yes, sometimes the talk bug gets me and I just can't stop. But, I did enjoy our call.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Hope all is well with you. Have you heard yet from your job interview? Still praying. Still believing.

peace~elaine

Growin' with it said...

What a legacy. Hang in there girl!