Sunday, May 11, 2008

Heart to Heart

First of all, I have to say Thank You!!!! to all of you for your
words of encouragement to me this Mother's Day. I hope and
pray that each of you had a wonderful day!!
I read this story a couple of weeks ago about a girls college
softball team.... They were in the playoffs and these two
teams were up against each other. One of the girls came up
to plate and hit the ball- clearing the fence with her first
career homerun! She was also a senior this year which made
the homerun even more special. As she round first base she
missed the bag and had to go back and tag it. As she turned to
go back she collapsed. She had torn something in her knee.
This caused a huge problem- if she had a runner come in for her
the homerun would be considered a single and she would loose
her homerun hit. If someone on her team helped her around
the bases she would be called out. The first base man/women
looked at the umpire and asked, "what if I help her?" The
first base player and the shortstop scooped this player of the
opposing team up and carried her from base to base sat her
down long enough to touch each bag. What did the umpire
say to the first base player before she agreed to pick up this
young lady?? It would come with the cost of being forfeited
from the playoffs. But they did it anyway!!!

What an amazing display of what our walk as Sister's in Faith
should look like. Ladies, that's what you have become to me...
You have restored a belief in me that genuine people exsist.


The kind of people that I refer to ask "balcony people". Balcony
people are people who have been a little further down the road.
Maybe it's a Spiritual mentor, someone who's been down that
path and you can gleen from them, maybe it's just friends that
when one is in the valley the other is on the mountian and they
can lean down a help the other up...just a good traveling
companion.



We are each so different and unique but at the same time so much alike.
Our common ground- our Faith and Trust in the Creator of All.
We, as I've heard some many say, bring a different something to the
table that the other needs. May we encourage- may we spur one
another on.....

5 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I want to be a balcony people! What a terrific and beautifully displayed analogy. So glad that your week is starting off on some firm footing.

Be blessed, new balcony friend.

peace~elaine

luvmy4sons said...

I saw this story on the news. What an awesome example of spurring one another on. It is so encouraging...like ripples in a pond may it spread.

Sharon Brumfield said...

What a great story.
I love what blogging has added to my life. I have gotten a chance to meet precious sisters and grown to love quite a few of them.
We all need the encouragement....how cool of our God to invent blogdom for us.
And as you know....Ive got some traveling to do...so I need some traveling companions. :)

Fran said...

You are so right about this one Melanie. We are all traveling this road together and I dare not go it alone. Each blogger is such a blessing to me. You are one of those.

I hope you have a wonderful week.
Keep pursuing Him. Your work and heart for Him is huge.

Blessings~
Fran

Denise said...

Oh I love that............ I have said so many times that we need the Jesus in each of us.... We look out eyes of experience, and we have looked upon the road less traveled...... We see the Father in our day and our experiences..... We need the Jesus in each other..... We need to share with each other the journey that we have taken........ We can encourage each other, exhort each other..........reach out to each other...... It is the spirit in which we live and move....... and it is that spirit that moves across time and space and touches our sisters in the Lord............ I want to live on the balcony...... I am blessed by your friendship...... and I love the Jesus in you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,