Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One last tag...

It's time to finish playing this round of "tag". Linda at
Gotta Grow With It tagged me quiet a while ago on
a 7 random things meme.
So.....without further delay here we go.....


1. I am my Grandfather's name sake. My middle name
Joy is also my Grandaddy's middle name. I am so
honored to be named after such a man of God. Now,
my Grandaddy was/is my Hero!


2. Also my email address comes from Grandaddy.
Back in the day when I was growing up the big thing
was for the men to talk on a cb radio. Now, each one
of them had a nickname. Grandaddy drove a school bus
and his nickname was Schoolie, my Dad is a barber (yes
the barber's that have the red, white and blue circles painted
around the pole) his name was Clipper. Grandaddy would
always try to get me to talk to him on the cb and his nick-
name for me was his Blue jean kid. Hence, my email address.


3. When I was in elementary school the grades went K-8. And
we went to school in a 4.....yes count them a 4 room school
building. My Kindergarten class was in the auditorium of
the school our "room" walls consisted of room dividers.
There were two grades per room and a waist high bookshelf that
run the length of the room divided the two classes. Also, one
teacher taught both grades!! Teachers today think they have it
tough....hmmm.


4. I do not own a credit card and don't plan to.

5. A few of my favorite things.....fishing, camping, McDonald's
french fries, only the purple and red skittles, cherry Hershey
Kisses and hanging out with my nephew and niece.

6. I can't stand highlighters! When I was in college and would
rent or buy used books I would always have to flip through them
to find one without highligter marks.

7. I'm not a big movie person but my favorite movie is
"Man from Snowy River".


I'm not tagging anybody besides I think I'm so far behind everybody
has done it already! =)
Just thought you might like to know a little more about Moi....
Totally exciting huh?!?


4 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I see I am rubbing off on you.
Can you tell me what MOI means? Ha! ;)
Good for you on the no credit cards.
Keith and I have one and I panic if it gets above a certain amount. Most would consider that amount a joke--but we learned early in our marriage that credit is not good.
About the only time we use it is if we go out of town.
I wondered where the blue jean stuff came from.
I love Hershey milk chocolate-never tried the cherry. I avoided the chocolate temptation at wally world
and then came home and ate flour tortilla chips with salsa and sour cream in it for lunch.I know healthy but I was feeling crumy--still am. Think it is my sinuses.
So you know that I am addicted to spider solitaire and smoky salsa with chips and sour cream.
I am glad you found the Mom who is adopting. Let me know what you find out.
When will you find out about the job at the other school?
And a Mom always has room for a new friend. Especially if this friend loves her children.

Denise said...

Well,,, now I know more than I did... and me and my DH only have one CC and it is very low limiit... We use it to purchase on Ebay and such... If it gets over 500 I get a bit ansy! I love the story of the blue jeans... what a fun thing to remember... I love Hershey chocolate! My Dad grew up in PA and lived close to the factory.. so we ate it all the time growing up..I am not sure that is a good thing..I still craved chocolate to this day... Have to be careful when passing the candy counters........

I did learn one thing that I really needed to know... and you will understand what it is in a few days! hahahahhaha

hugs

Growin' with it said...

Thanks for playin'
NO CREDIT CARDS...you are my hero! not just cuz of that, but the chocolate, candy, song choice on here and wow...it was fun getting to know you better!
~Linda

Denise said...

just stopping in to say hey!!!!!!!! Have a GOD weekend