Monday, April 21, 2008

Round one...of tags!

Ok, first of all I have to thank Linda at Gotta GROW With It for
helping me figure out how to get some "tunes" on my blog. And
for Sharon at Sit With Me Awhile for helping me figure out how
to get the linking blog thang (sorry I have NO idea what to call it)
to work! Thanks you guys...I did it!!!!! WooHoo!
Now, on to the things at hand. A couple weeks ago I was tagged
by Denise at Samaritan Women for a Six-Word Memoir Meme
The Rules:
1. Write your own Six-Word Memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5. Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.



I've thought long and hard and here's what I decided on~

Journey begins with a single step.....
This is a quote that I discovered while I was in college and have
framed with my tasel...
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
As a Christian seeking earnestly to follow the will the
Savior has for her life....Steps of Faith.
For this one I'm going to tag:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I love this quote...so often in life, if we will be faithful to do the little things, the big things become much more manageable, so much less scary...that is how David was ready to run to Goliath....he was faithful night after night, day after day in the fields with those sheep! Those little steps made him ready for the BIG step!

Thanks, Melanie Joy! And thanks for the tag! It's a fun me-me!

xoxo,
Maria

Denise said...

Hey,,,,,,,, I forgot that I tagged you....... and I love what you said...... so true..... and I did not know you could not link...... I have an email that I have sent out to several ladies to teach them......... but I am so glad you have been taught........ good for you....

Sharon Brumfield said...

Oh the journey!
Up hill.....over dale.....
I like your six words.....it is a long journey. It won't be over till we cross the finish line. And we will! We will not give up!
Together locked key board to key board (arm n arm)we will cross the finish line.
Love ya girl

Kate said...

I'm trying Mel...thinking...
thinking.....
thinking...

Kate said...

I'm still working on my six words. Yours have been running through my mind since I first read them. I've heard that quote before, but now I am really "hearing" it. I think about all the 'bigger' things I always talk about wanting to accomplish, but I often forget about all the little steps needed to get there. Thanks for the reminder. You always keep me grounded...check out my newest blog...I think you'll see something familiar.