I haven't forgot to share my pictures and pass along all the
things that God shared with me last weekend. I've just
been a little side tracked with the reality of my friend's
health hitting me. I think I walked around all last weekend
in shock and then when I posted my last post it allowed reality
to hit. Thank you all for your comments and prayers!!!
When someone I love or know is dealing with a lot I always
want to "fix" things or make them better in some way. I've
had a couple people on my heart this week that I wish I
could do that for. A couple weeks ago I heard a wonderful
definition for a Hero...I'll never forget it.....
Hero's don't fix things they stick through the battle.
I believe that is what Ruth did for Naomi. I love that part
of the story in the book of Ruth. I think there are those times
when we just want to shut the world out and I wonder so
often if that was the reaction that Naomi was having when
she tried to send the girls away. Ruth, though, she hung
in there with her through it all.
I was talking to a dear friend yesterday and remembered
this devotion I read a couple months ago and thought I
would pass it along.....
"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."
Psalm 32:7
When you were a child, did you have a hiding place you would run to when you were afraid or wanted to be alone?
God wants to be your hiding place. And the good news is that you can retreat to this hiding place wherever you are. When you have a conflict at work and don't know what to say or how to deal with it, you can retreat into the secret place of the Most High as you are living in fellowship and communion with God. When you are tied up in bumper-to-bumper traffic, you can abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Have you ever tried to walk in someone's shadow? It can be done, but you really have to stay close. That is the picture given in Psalm 91:1, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." God says, "I want you to dwell in Me. I want to be your hiding place. I want you to be so close that you are actually in My very shadow."
This gives you courage to face life. The Old Testament tells the story of Elijah, who boldly stormed into the court of Ahab, the most wicked king that Israel had ever known. With incredible courage and boldness, he delivered bad news to Ahab and turned and walked out. Though he was in the court of a powerful monarch, Elijah recognized he was also in the presence of an even more powerful Monarch. He was dwelling in the secret place of the Most High.
I told a friend at work today that if I could just go somewhere by
myself and have a good cry I thought I would feel better. Her reply
was "oh, that's so sad". I said no because that somewhere would be
in that "hiding place" with Him. God, please fill my loved ones and
me with the courage to face life....
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love the references to Naomi and Ruth...... sometimes I feel like Naomi and want to send every one away and go and hide and then other days I want to be Ruth and dig my heals in ...... I think the love of Ruth for Naomi gave her a reason to go on..... and I think the passion of Naomi gave Ruth the desire to stay.... It is so a give and take with the followers of Christ...
I know that your heart is heavy for your friend LeaAnn. I pray for her healing and I pray that you hid in Christ and let Him shelter you for a season..... I so remember when Nelson died.... It broke my heart so and I ran and hid in my hiding place and just sobbed.. I am so glad that He provides a place to just steal away from the hurt and pain and injustice..... and He understands.... I have spent many an hour hid away and it seems that in those times of hiding...... He makes himself larger than life..
I am also a fixer and I want to fix things for everyone..... as you ...... but we cannot.... but we pray...... and we love... I so love you, having never seen you.... but I am a sister in the Lord that you can rely on........
Love ya!!!!!!
What a beautiful post. From one "fixer" to another, it was a great reminder to just rest in His presence!
Beautiful and wise post! I received a devotional e-mail about 1 week ago that was about the hero thing you talked about...not in those words, but the aspect of sticking with people through the storms of life...
I would love to e-mail it to you, if you want it..., just email me at freetofly@cfaith.com, and i will send it....
There are so many recurring themes going on right now, I just KNOW God is speaking to us, I hope we are "getting" it! :)
God bless you! Have a great Sunday tomorrow!
Post a Comment