Since I've been back from Retreat satan has been trying his
best to get to me. Everywhere I turn he is in my space- work,
church, thoughts...ect.
I ran across a quote that I jotted down from somewhere...
"You have to do what you have to do- the mood you do it
in is up to you." OUCH!!
I'm wanted to pass along a devotion that was emailed to me-
along with a good swift spat- thanks Sharon I needed it.
The Graduate-Level Test: Self-DefenseTGIF Today God Is First Volume 1 by Os HillmanWednesday, April 16 2008"He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." - Psalm 37:6
As a believer grows in trusting obedience and love, God often brings a test that seems uncharacteristically cruel. The test: being wrongfully judged by those close to you. It is not for the reactionary. It cannot be passed over by simply gutting it out. Supernatural grace is the only means of passing this one. It is one of those tests the Savior had to experience Himself when being tried by the court of public opinion, the religious community, and the government of His day. His response to the government was silence. His response to the religious establishment was silence at the final judgment. To the rest of His accusers He remained quiet and left vindication to the Father. He lived the commandment He gave to the disciples:
"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked" (Luke 6:35).
How do you react when you are accused or mistreated for no reason? Do you listen quietly, or do you justify each and every action? Most of us take pride in doing what is right and expect the same from others, especially our brothers and sisters in the faith. Jesus knew that if you were to be a true follower of His, you would enter this test eventually. It is part of the program. The workplace gives ample opportunity to be wronged, misunderstood, and maligned. When God brings a measured assault against one of His children, it is to find out if he truly believes in the cross. The cross is where each of us is given the opportunity to die to our pride, our reputations, and our ego. When He allows a measured assault upon us, it is to find out if the cross is sufficient. He wants to see if we will seek to rescue ourselves. Jesus said if we die with Him, we will be raised with Him. When God allows satan to bring the measured assault, ask God for the grace to cling to the cross. Let the pride and arrogance that Jesus wants to remove from our lives be crucified. Thank God for the opportunity to be crucified with Christ. Then your righteousness will shine like the noonday sun and the justice of your cause will be in His hands.
Satan is using some people right now to discourage me from doing
what He is asking me to do. These people are just the way they
are. There's nothing I can do because the only person I can change
is me. My thoughts, my attitudes, actions and reactions. In the
area of work and church I'm not into "it" for authority, money or
recognition. I'm in it to serve Him and use the gifts He has given
me to help others and giving Him glory for it. I've been asking Him
all day to help me not give in when these situations arise. Please,
Lord teach me to be silent as You were and help me continue on.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amen girl!
And I could also say--Preach it sister!
It is so funny how it is easy to forget this stuff when the opposition arises.
I felt like God sent this on to me in regard to the people at my former church--but then how quickly I forget to KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT when it comes to people in my family.
Or I keep my mouth shut but my fact is saying a thousand words. Or both are silent and my brain will not SHUT UP!
But we can be joyful because we know that unless the test get hard--we will never know that He has equipped us to STAND.
He is never about trying to squash us--but rather to equip us. He knows just what we need to perfect the vessel He needs.
How much better that He trains us before He puts us in the heat of some huge battle.
If He is taking us through something then He has a purpose for it.He is a God of purpose and design.
SOOOOOOOOO.....thank you God for letting us say and do horrible things to us for YOUR NAME SAKE.
Dear God please forgive our doubt.
We do want to be used by you in the everydayness of life.
Love ya girl
Onward and upward!
Oh gosh......... this sounds so familiar ....... Seems that I have heard this somewhere before...... Oh how the Lord is speaking the same thing to His body..... He is wanting us to respond to Him and not to what lies outside...... I want so to learn to do that right away instead of having to be reminded... but if it takes being reminded then so be it,,,,,,,
He is calling us to reach our world.....
Happy Monday Melanie Joy...I tagged ya on my blog today!
Post a Comment