Friday, April 11, 2008

One Glorious Weekend

Last weekend I was able to attend a Ladies Retreat with some wonderful
women of God. It is a beautiful camp nestled in the woods of Texas. The
flowers and the view of the lake are breath taking. Oh, but the fellowship
is sweet. This is normally my vacation time and I'm able to leave the
worries of home behind. It's one of those special places that I'm able to
reconnect and spend some really good time with my Savior.

Kassi (in middle) would hurt me if she knew that I posted this picture.
However, the look on her face captures her personality...she's a hoot.
The lady on the right is the reason I posted this picture. This is Mrs.
Linda, she has walked a long hard road with me. I thank God each and
every day for her and her love for me.


This is a picture of me (on the right of the paddle boat) and my former
preacher's wife. Another couple of the girls were in another boat and we
decided to have a race across the lake. For the record we won.





This was my favorite part.....well one of them...of the weekend.
I love playing volleyball! We actually had a pretty good team. We
played for two and a half hours and felt every minute of it the next
day. We had to quit when the kids that were on staff at the camp
decided to join...they were a little too rough for us old folks. The
tall guy in the middle...yeah I'm standing somewhere behind him.




Here's the gang! I'm the one in the orange shirt on the right.
These are actually the ladies from my former church. When I
decided to follow God's leading in going back to my home
church...I cried for months at the thought of not being able to
stay with them. God is amazing and has allowed me to remain
close to them and they are gracious enough to understand why
I had to leave. Mrs. Linda informed me that I could not take this
picture of them. That I had to be in the picture because I would
always be a part of them. That's love guys. I still have things that
God spoke to my heart that weekend that I want to share. Right now,
I am still processing it all myself. Plus satan has been chasing me hard
this week.
I pray that we all find time and even a special place that we
can retreat away with Him. You know what? I just love Him and I love
each of you as well. You are a wonderful blessing in my life this season.
Much love.....

5 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

THis post did not show up on my list of posts till today. You posted this Friday? Strange.
I think foxfire maybe has some problems when it comes to keeping these things updated.
Anyhoo....loved the pictures. It looks like my kind of place to go.
I love the place that we go to in Texas for our conference we do in June. It is so peaceful out in the middle of nowhere.
Looks like you had a good time and I am glad that the old connections are staying connected. Sometimes that is hard to keep going.
Funny but this time when I read your words I could hear the accent in your voice. :)
Hope you are having a beautiful day and enjoying this little cool burst of air. I might even have a fire tonight.
Not feeling so hot today--matter a fact it is 11:00 and I am still in bed. Don't be jealous-my head and stomach feel bla.

Growin' with it said...

Looked like a wonderful time away w/ some great gals! Where would we be without God and our girls!?

Hope you feel rested!

Anonymous said...

Melanie Joy, what a gift! To have friends and sisters in Christ is so important and valuable! We have a placve we go to on St Simon's Island. It's in August this year...I am much looking forward to it!

I CAN'T WAIT for the good stuff you are percolating on! Bring it on, Girl! :)

Anonymous said...

you commented on my page sometime ago...just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your page. Be blessed and be a blessing!

Denise said...

I cannot believe that I am just now getting around to making a comment here.... I guess last week was a bit more than I thought.... the pictures are wonderful and I am so glad that you got to go and rest and renew with those ladies.... When I was a member of a local church here in town they had a womens retreat every year...... I so miss that......... Have a great rest of the week and we will chat this weekend...........

hugs