Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hemmed in...




This evening I was walking and my nephew was riding his toy
jeep down the driveway with me. When he got to the end, he
started yelling my name. It scared me at first I thought he may
have seen a snake or something. I quickened my pace as I
yelled back "what?!". He said "look at the moon! It's beautiful!"
Yes sir, you are right it is beautiful indeed! (I tried to take a
photo but it didn't take) As we turned around and headed
back up the driveway...I saw something else beautiful going on
in the sky. A huge full moon was coming up on one side of the
sky...while in the same moment...the other side of the sky was
full of a sunset...both moments to take your breath away in
beauty. It looked and felt as if I were standing in the middle
of the two....
It was as if God was saying He had me hemmed in on all
sides. It also reminded me of how much He loved me
and this scripture came to mind....



"...to grasp how wide and long and high and deep
is the love of Christ, and to know this love that
surpasses knowledge that you may be filled to
the measure of all the fullness of God." Eph. 3:18-19



I pray tonight you feel Him all around you...He is...

5 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

What a wonderful moment. Such a nice feeling I got reading this post!

Sharon Brumfield said...

If your family does not get you a digital camera I might just have to. :)
We were amazed by the full moon the other night as we were coming in. I got a few pictures but they didn't get a clear picture of the mountains.
Our experiences really speak to the fact that all nature speaks of His message of love to us.
Man will not have an excuse when He stands before the God of this universe...He has been speaking to them through people and nature.
What a great experience you had. He speaks loud and clear doesn't He?

Growin' With It said...

hemmed in...oh i like that analogy!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Beautiful, Melanie. I love just thinking about it. I can picture you standing there, nestled safely in between.

peace~elaine

Anonymous said...

m