
I was talking with a friend tonight and a quote that I had once
read came to mind. It was about five years ago when I was
sitting in the lobby of a couseling center that a framed
cross stitch caught my eye. I can't remember the exact quote
but it went something like this....
A stain glass window can't shine unless...there is darkness all
around...and the light that makes it glow has to come from
within.
That quote carried some heavy impact on me in those days
and it still does today.
As a sat there later on thinking about it I remembered
another set of stain glass windows. The former church I
was attending had a sanctuary surrounded by such windows.
However, I never knew it until the church caught on fire.
The people started talking about rebuilding and about how
they wish they could put the stain glass windows back. See
they were there all along...but years ago they were boarded
up framed in on the inside and bricked up on the outside....
Tonight thinking back on that it brings thoughts.
How much are "we" like that at times. We are this beautiful
stain glass window that our Creator formed. He sets us in
place... We experience things and we frame up the inside.
Other things happen and we brick in the outside. For
protection? To keep from having to go out? But non-the-
less...what a shame....a beautiful creation hidden. Unable
to do what it was created for. To let the light of the One
who created it to shine through. If it weren't for the Light
the window would have no beauty....
In order for the church to regain the view of the windows...
there were many things they had to go through. The pain
and shock of what had happened. Going through the
remains of the building to see what had been lost. The
worry from the financial strain of rebuilding. Were would
they hold service's until the rebuild...and oh my... the
rebuild. A seeming for ever long process.
To exspose the beauty of who He created us to be is also
a seemingly long rebuilding process. There may be things
we have to loose, things that would have to be torn down
so He can rebuild, allowing Him to put on a fresh new coat
of paint within the walls of our hearts.
I know there are many of us who feel we are at the moment
in the dark. It feels like we are just feeling around not to
stumble and fall. The darkness can be so pitch black at
times we feel so afraid and alone but we are not. The
Light is there in us waiting for the right time to shine.
When He does it will be when He will be the only thing
receiving the Glory...not the window or the building it
sets in...the Light. The flame is there and it's lit...I
think it's called Hope. Hold on to the lampstand...
5 comments:
OH my goodness!
Girl that was powerful....the Spirit was speaking loud and clear through you. I think maybe someone was eaves dropping on a certain conversation just waiting for everyone to have their say so that He would have the ultimate say and wrap it all up. That was a powerful thing about the old church....especially knowing what I know of the church. Symbolic of what was coming? I think many times God gives a visual lessons of things to come.
I wonder if this would be something you could put on paper and send to the young pastor.
This would be a great illustration to use with the kids next time you have childrens church. I love this...simply spoken but it will PREACH!
God has really spoken through this. Without dark and without the light....they will be no seeing His glory.
I will walk through the dark so that they will see Him.
There is a verse in the Bible that talks about how if there is darkness on the inside then the eyes become dark.How great the darkness become.
love it! ;)
Oh the freedom when we can let go of self and reflect the son! To walk without fear and let His light shine through us! Great analogy...Hugs to you!
You might want to think about why He gave you this at this time.
Beautifully expressed; such meat and truth packed into a window's frame. It all comes down to the light...the Light. How thankful I am for his willingness to shine through the dark and dingy of my flesh.
Have a blessed week, friend. Thanks for sharing this with us.
peace~elaine
What precious words and I love that quote too......we all need so much of that light within us these days! Thanks for this!
Post a Comment