This is a dress I found a few months ago. I always wondered what my weddingdress would ever look like- seeing how I'm not really a girlie girl. When I ran
across this dress my heart fell in love with it. The trim around the top is
chocolate brown which is one of my favorite colors. Anyway, seeing things
like this and with the holidays around the corner...it tends to bring about a
bit of the blues for me. Now...please...please don't let this sound like my voice
or heart is having a pity party or anything. I'm just trying to gear myself up
to make it through the holidays...which are the only times that being single
bothers me. The following is a piece of an email I shared with someone last
week. I'm really posting this to remind myself of what I have always tried
to hold on to.
There was someone a year ago that I just knew was the "one". We had served many many years ago in the youth ministry together. I have in my dreams always wanted to marry someone in the ministry. He and his wife divorced two years ago. I have always admired his walk with God. We talked a couple of times and actually went out with another couple. I just knew he was the one....I prayed so hard over it. God's answer...well I'm still single. However, saying all that I trust God...and that trust is growing every day. He is my provision and my joy. I long for Him to be that....my Prince. I have this dream of every little girls dream wedding, to be a wife and mother and a house with the white picket fence. So what do I do with what seems like an unanswered dream...trade it in for His! Last night I almost allowed some unhealthy thoughts to trickle in...I'm so glad I'm in a place right now in my walk to be able to shut those thoughts down.
I think about Mary as she agrees to accept the plans God had for her to carry
out His plans. After her agreement...all her plans seemed lost. Her soon to
be Joseph plans to leave and the reputation she carried looks ruined in others
eyes. I can't imagine what Mary's life and walk with God must have looked
like. But what a wonderful example she gives of tading in her comfort and
desires to fulfill God's.
My faith has it's ups and downs...and I'm gearing up...hunkering down...
and digging in to God's Word and the truth that He has plans for me (Jer. 29:11).
Keeping my head up looking at our Groom....
Thanks for listening...
7 comments:
GREAT BIG HUG to you! GREAT BIG HUG! I so wish I could connect you up with my little sister. She just got married this past May for the first time at the age of 39 and she is having her first baby in March at the age of 40! E-mail me. She is a believer and I know she would talk with you and can SO relate. She too had similar emotions...I admire your faith and trust in God. His plans for you are good...acceptable...and perfect...
Jesus,
Wrap your arms around this precious worker of Yours. Let her emotions be still, her heart fulfilled. Let her know that You see her, You love her, You have wonderful plans in store for her. Keep her Jesus. Guide her. I know that You who spared not Your own son will joyfully give us all things. You can do exceedingly, abundantly, more than we ask or imagine. Fill her with the excitement of knowing that in You all the answers to her heart's desire is yes! Amen.
i just had a conversation recently with a loved one that is single and how awfully hard the holidays can be for them. no christmas tree or decorations...just too hard.
made me so sad. and although i don't completely understand it, or the fact that God hasn't "blessed" them with a spouse i am learning more and more how God blesses us in so many ways. ways that we need and not necessarily have a wanting for.
melanie, i hear your heart and i truly do hope you find a new sort of joy and peace this time of year. i know you have it, but something fresh and surprising.
it is sure hard not to picture your sweet face on the top of that gorgeous
dress. i sincerely hope that wish comes true someday for you.
That dress is gorgeous! As I look at it, my eyes tear, feeling the want and desire in your heart for more. For dreams yet to be realized and for hopes that linger in the deep.
I cannot offer you any promises along those lines, except for the truth that Jesus lingers alongside you and is preparing your heart for a deep and mighty work.
You cannot see it now, but it exceeds a store-front dream. Of that, I am sure.
Thank you sharing your heart. I cherish your vulnerability and will carry it before our Father this day.
peace~elaine
I love the thoughts you have about Mary.
The other night I was thinking about all of this...kind of praying about it.
I reminded God of the desire in your heart. I know He knows the future...and He is working toward it.
I think the thing that God spoke to me is that in a way we are learning a similar lesson. I guess in each of our hearts we have hope that we hold tender. And the longer that we look at that hope and things do not seem to be lining up...the more we can become focused on what God is not doing(my thoughts there). And so the more I focus on what God is "not doing" the more the frustration builds. And so sometimes I have to choose to trust....and then I have to tell my heart and mind that I will not allow it to dwell in the future. I can not....when I do I get lost and depressed. Like Paul I must be willing to be taught to be content where I am.....content where I am tenderly holding my dream....or I guess I need to learn to take that dream and offer it as a living sacrifice to Him. Can I do that? I am learning....I hope. :)
I hear your heart and I am praying for you. And I promise you if and when you get married I'll be there if I get an invite. ;)
love you
I love you heart, Melanie Joy. Indeed, you live (in every way) out your beautiful name! I'm watching and praying for you, Sister. Wonders...that is what He has for you--beyond your wildest dreams!!
Much Love,
Holly
I just agree and love what everyone else has said. This is just so beautiful what you have written. I'm praying that as the days and months approach...you'll cling closer than ever to Him.
How did Sunday morning go??
So much love,
Fran
For so many years I clung to the scripture that says HE will give us the desires of our hearts...... HE will do that.......HIS timing is always perfect even though we are watching that silly clock........ HE is faithful to us. I have spent so much time on my face in the years past crying out to my Father God for strength to just wait..... HE allows us to be antsy....... and HE understands....... I will remember you my friend as we head into the holiday season....
Post a Comment