Monday, September 1, 2008

A neat thing happened yesterday when I was in the grocery store.
As you know in my last post or so- I mentioned that I had started
walking. Well, I was going along in the grocery store and certian
old friends from the shelves started "waving" at me. Waves of
temptations from my old friend "Little Debbie" you know she
makes those awsome little brownies with the chopped up nuts on
top. Then I ran into the chip aisle..oh mercy..I grabbed a bag of
Cheetos for the kids and took off before my eyes could catch the
Doritos! Then as I'm thinking let's get some...I caught myself
thinking (not talking aloud) I can't eat that I have to go walking
in a little while or I did all that walking I'm not going to blow it
for that! Not that my discipline is strong but for now it's a
steady go.
I've thought back today on our last Ladies Night at church. We
are gearing up for our next Bible study and we wanted the
night to center around getting focused. I heard Nicki at
Three Girly Girls doing one of her Bible study podcast. She
was talking about filling containers with the wrong things.
We took the examples and made a short skit out of it. We
put clothes in the trash can instead of the clothes basket,
trash in a flower vase, and a fish in a coffee pot of water.


So many times we do the same thing in our lives. We fill our lives
full of things like....worry, stress, food, depression, bitterness, anger, ect.


For me these are a few of the things I pick up first. Instead of picking up
my Bible, putting in a praise cd or hitting my knees in prayer.


It's time to empty out the things that have drifted in and don't belong.
It's time to fill up with the Bread of Life and drink deeply from the
Living Water....so we can produce the Fruit we were intended to bare.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts! I am so proud of you! You are truly filling your life with GOOD things! It shows in these wonderful, powerful posts...my dial-up is acting up right now, I will come back tomorrow and spend longer perusing! I can't wait!

I pray you are not suffering the effects too much from the storm?

God bless and keep you and may God richly increase you!

Maria

Denise said...

Good for your girl friend! Good for you........ We went out to eat tonight, which we do not do very often, and I had the grilled Salmon with wild rice...... The pasta and french bread looks soooooooooooo tempting but I did good......... It is the same with our spiritual life........ we can choose to open our moutha and speak out the truth of the word before we allow the fear to take hold...... Change our mind! We just need to change our minds to the old ways of "filling up" .....Great Post girl !

Growin' With It said...

gustuv, hanna, ike...UGG! glad you are okay and pray for continued safety. i am so grateful that GOD is in control of this crazy earth.

that book...highly reccommend it. it basically blows the top off of any labels, legalism and weights that "religion" carries and shows us how to be free in our walk w/ Christ! i engulfed it!

enjoy your day off? and good reminder of those things we pick up instead of responding to Him. i needed to hear that one.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Good post....something that I needed to hear about right now.
I will try and get up my umph to go and walk after dinner...maybe it will help my brain.

Anonymous said...

You made me cry....your post came my way on a day when I really need it.

Thank you for giving me a little Hope!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Keep to it, girl! I'm so proud of you. Exercise is a regular discipline of mine. Not because I especially like it, but because I've grown accustomed to its embrace. I recently had a good cholesterol check with my Dr. which inspired me to keep moving.

Keep away from the chip aisle and Starbucks! Killers in my book.

peace~elaine