Monday, September 22, 2008

In my last post I quoted the third line of the old hymn
Rescue the Perishing. That line was brought to my
attention in a sermon our pastor gave a couple of weeks
ago. I'd like to share some of it with you...


"On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the
synagogues, and a woman was there who had been
crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent
over and could not straighten up at all. When Jesus
saw her, he called forward and said to her, "Women
you are set free from your infirmity." Then he put
his hands on her, and immediately she straightened
up and praised God." Luke 13:10-13


The woman had a hurt in her life...a burden, problem
a load. There was a spirit of weakness that was
emotional in nature. Satan had used this weakness
and bound her. She was bound to the point she bent
over and couldn't straighten up. Just like us satan
bends us lower and lower until just as she we reach
the point we are unable to look up and see the blue
sky, a sunset or the eyes of others. When you are in
this shape you can't even see all the wonderful things
He has for you. This state can bring about bitterness,
depression and negativity. She couldn't straighten up,
I can imagine like some of us she had tried so many
times. She had hope though because...it was the
Sabbath day and Jesus was there! She knew He
could meet her need. He touches broken people...
Allow Jesus to touch the broken areas of your life.


Girls, through that whole sermon I was saying in my
heart...Thank You Jesus...Thank You Jesus!!
See I was hearing the story of my life echoing back
through this woman's story. That woman was me
over five years ago. I was in my second year back
in college. At the age of 31 when God and I began
this journey of healing. I want to share with you
how the beginning stage of the journey started. I
knew that I was cycling back through another round.
I knew this time that I couldn't handle another one.
I began to beg and pray at the foot of the church
alter and at the foot of my bed for God to please help
me. The "Faithful Summer" at youth camp...He told
me if I would lay it down this time we would walk it
out. And we did...five long years but we did it.
However, this past weekend satan tried to attack that
area of weakness in my life again. Even though God
and I overcame many things in my life, I think this
area of my life will be the "thorn in my flesh" that
He will leave to remind me that it's Him that I must
depend on.
There were seasons in my life I thought I would
never overcome...but then there was an eye opening
Sabbath day where Jesus came and touch me and
hope became a reality.



I think this past weekend was a wake up for me and
I realized that God is wanting to spend some time
with me...and I've been craving Him too. So if I'm
quiet for the next few days...I'm just going to be
hanging out with my Jesus! I'll be praying for you
while I'm there.....Love you Girls!!!!!

6 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

God time is good. A little fasting from distractions equals a growing hunger for what is truly important.
I know about this thorn in the flesh. I would imagine that all of us have a thorn that He has left to keep us at his feet.
And I think if we don't recognize it as a thorn....then satan will use it to beat us up.
And so we could end up beating ourselves up for cycling back...when actually it is just a sign of God's mercy.
Good post!

Kate said...

I pray your time with Him is eye opening, healing, and refreshing.

many blessings,
Kate

Growin' With It said...

i think that if you are under attack it is because you are on your way to doing/being something great for the Lord. seems like when we're stagnant...we have no issues w/ satan. so, as i always say...chin up...He's molding you and using you and L-O-V-I-N-G you!

luvmy4sons said...

Draw near to Him girlfriend. Draw near to Him and He will draw nigh unto you. I pray that you feel His presence in a very real way and gain strength to keep on walking humbly with your God.

Denise said...

I am a firm believer that there are just some things that are left in our lives......... and there are some things that the Lord wants to remove........ The enemy of our soul wants to bring defeat in any area that he sees weakness........ How beautiful is the Lord that HE draws us to HIM to shelter us and strengthen us........... As we grow stronger in the Lord, the greater the required faith........... I am thankful that HE provided all that we need............

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I love how the Lord will put us in such a tender spot with Him during many seasons of life. Hold onto this time with Him!