I started walking about five evenings ago. I've been putting
in my Hillsong cd and hitting the road. This has become a
special time between my Savior and me. Tonight my walk
was cut about 10 min. or so short. For one thing the air is
so humid you can't get a good breath of air. The other thing
is that I'm still carrying a heavy heart and a weary mind.
I didn't sleep well last night it was a night of waging war.
Within 15 min. of hitting the publish post button last
night...the enemy hit me with a hard blow. It happened
so fast I couldn't believe it...well yeah I could. I had decided
to put my notes away until satan swung the first blow.
Now I'm saying in your face satan....Ladies here's the rest
of the Spurgeon notes...
Next Christ's commands are not to be questioned, but to
be obeyed. If these servants had, been of the mind of the
captious critics of modern times, they would have looked
at our Lord a long while, and objected boldly: We do not
want any water...
But Mary's advice to them was sound- "Whatsoever he
saith to you, do it." Thus, too, let us neither question
nor cavil, but do his bidding straight away.
It may sometimes seem that Christ's command is not
pertinent to the point in hand. There does not at first
sight appear to be any connection between the simple
trusting of the Savior and the conquest of a bad temper
or the getting rid of a bad habit. There is such a
connection, but recollect, whether you can see the
connection or not, it is yours "not to reason why but
yours to do what Jesus bids you do; for it is in the
way of the command that the miracle of mercy will be
wrought. Fill the waterpots with water though what
you want is wine. Christ sees a connection between
the water and the wine, though you do not. He has a
reason for the pots being filled with water, which
reason, as yet, you do not know.
I feel like the kid in the back sit saying "where are
we going and how much further is it".
When I went back to school I questioned Him for a
long time before I took the walk. I had know idea
of what He was up to....days like the last few months
I still don't. I don't see the connection and I don't
know what the result is...but I choose again this
night to put my trust in Him...and none other.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So sorry your heart is feeling weary. So glad that you are not letting the enemy have the best of you but are trusting in God.
keep those eyes upwards girl! btw, thank you for including me on that precious email.
You keep putting it out there.
It does not matter what our enemy thinks...imagine if Paul has stopped writing letters because of what he was going through.
We work out our faith with fear and trembling.....maybe some of that trembling does not just involve God.
I would love to know the end result too....how cool would that be. But if along the way there were no obstacles...because we were trying to figure it out....then think of all the lessons we would miss out on learning. Have you learned loads in the past few years? See.
If the last 3 years had been removed from my life I would not be the person I am today.
If it was easy....we would not need Him or others.
The victory is coming....press on. And sometimes I have learned that it is just best to tell my thoughts to BE QUIET! :)
Keep your eyes on Him!! You know that if you were on the wrong track the enemy would be leaving you alone, so you know you are going the right way!!
Post a Comment