You know, I had a wonderful week off this past week. However, this dayfinds me feeling a bit sad. I know that a lot of us have been and still are
going through many things. Some of you your sadness out weighs mine.
The common thing we all share is the Faith in our Father to see us
through. I'd really just like to get some thoughts off my mind before
night fall.
A couple of weekends ago I went out of town with my sister. On the way
home I caught myself thinking about something that I often do when I
travel some place I don't know. House after house and place after place
we would pass I would think about who lives there, what are their lives
like, why would they want to live here and so on the thoughts would go.
Tonight "Extreme Makeover" came on. While the home owner
was being interviewed he said something that helped a lot of thoughts
come together. They had lost their home to a flood and were living in
a tiny apartment. The man commented on they didn't want to leave
the area because he wanted his kids to grow up and go to school where
he had. I just bawled like crazy....for the first time I might add since
I found out about the school not opening. I wanted my nephew and
niece to grow up in school where we had.
This goes back to me thinking of people living in different communities.
This community that I live in and the school we attended and the
churches in the area.....we were built on something I think a lot of
people miss out on....heritage. As I passed by strangers homes
wondering of their life- I began to think more about my own. I was
raised with a Godly background. My Papaw was a Baptist minister.
My Grandaddy was a carpenter and a deacon within the church. My
Grandaddy was and is my Hero in Faith. (no spell check it is Grandaddy
in my book) He accumulated through a lot of hard work a large sum of
land. That land to our family is sacred. We long to see it preserved as
God created it. The land symbolizes something very special to us. It's
almost difficult to put it into words. It stands for who we are...the
Legacy that was passed on to us. That legacy is like the huge White
Oak trees by the branch....weither the branch is dry or has a trickle
of water running through it....the tree is strong and tall. As we desire
to stand strong and tall be it the branch is dry or not. The tree is
there because it's roots run deep. Our family...we don't have much-
no riches except that of our Faith. A faith that was planted by our
family that came before us.
I'm longing tonight for my Roots to Run Deep.....not just deep in my
family....but deep in my Faith. I want to be strong like the big
White Oak on my Grandaddys land. In that while the branch seems
empty and the Season seems long that with my roots planted deep
in my Faith in my God I will stand.
My heart now is thinking of those of you out there that...
some of you are in a waiting season too, a couple of you are in the
letting going of your kiddos/young men to the life before them,
some of you are going through physical pains and hurting, and
some of you gearing up for another school year....whatever it is
know that my heart is in this with you and my prayers are going
before the throne with yours. It's time to grow our roots a little
deeper in trusting Him.
Love you all......
10 comments:
You have a compassionate and tender heart. Thank you for sharing it. Thank you for your prayers...God is good and He is getting us through! Praise His name!
I watched that show tonight too. :)
I don't have family roots, so I loved what you said about faith having roots...'cause that's what I cling to.
many blessings to ya!
So beautifully written! I thank you for praying for me. It means a lot these days. Life can just be hard huh?!
Hugs,
Fran
always a kindred spirit...do you know that that very word has been pressed hard on my heart lately? depth..so much meaning behind it and i almost crave it now a days. here, here my sweet friend..here's to going deeper!
How "funny" that I would get to read this just after getting a call from Michael with yet another seemingly unsurmountable problem.
I pray for the roots that I know are there to run deep in his life. For him to finally realize there is no way that will work except God's way.
I want to stand in the storms. I want to stand and not be blown down by storms that are not even mine.
This was a great post and it really touched my heart.
We just got home this morning. We got a lot done and school starts tomorrow.
Melanie...thanks ever so much!
Such truth in tender words. Thanks for caring and for your prayers. You are a faithful and true friend.
peace~elaine
oh you are so mean...that comment about playin' slug bug ALL BY MYSELF! just teasing ya. but if you read my other post today, you'll see why i'm a little teary today!
ahh bummer. one of the frustrating parts of conversing over the net w/o hearing a person's voice. of course i knew you were kidding and i in return calling you "mean". i know you never meant it other than a sweet funny. so no worries girl. i was laughing right along with you!
I had to read this entry three times or so...I just was so stricken by it. When my family started slowly moving away from the house and area I had grown up in, I felt so mad at them all. I just felt like it was wrong for us all to leave. By the time I left, I guess I felt like it already wasn't the same. Someone else lived in our house...my house. My grandmother (my only grandparent) left her home in Nashville to live with my parents in their new house. We had so much history at her house too. Everything just didn't seem the same after that.
Reading your blog, I felt like I was talking to you face to face, hearing you telling me about growing up, being a part of land with so much family history. I think your family has something very special that I probably couldn't even understand. I don't have a very strong family heritage...but I think I now understand how much deeper of an impact the school situation had upon you, your family and your community. I understand wanting to have roots and wanting your niece and nephew to grow up in an area that has been so much of a part of you who have become.
I'm glad I got to read this entry. I feel like I learned a lot more about you just by reading a few paragraphs...beautiful, well-written ones!
I know you might not feel like work is where you are supposed to be right now, but try to remember that you have at least one person there who recognizes daily how grounded, unique, creative, and smart you are! And as long as you're stuck with me, I'll continue to learn from you.
Post a Comment