As most of you know by now I have two sisters and we are all very close.My younger sister is 3 yrs younger than me and my baby sister is 12 yrs
younger. The picture above just reminded me of playing together as kiddos!
So I just had to share with you something my younger sister showed me last
night. Now, two years ago this summer she lost her house in a fire. They lost
everything! They were on a weekend getaway when it happened and that's
all they had was three days of belongings left. It was the hardest thing to
watch and then live through with them. Ok, back to last night. I walked in
her house and she said, "come here you have to see this!!". She had found a
year ago this little trunk that we had when we were kids and had just sat it
in the corner. For some reason last night she decided to take a look at what
was inside.

In the box she found a number of very special items. She found the dress
she was brought home from the hospital in. Along with a couple more dresses
and home made blankets she had received as a baby. Her baby photo
album, "sassy's", a yearbook, and some other items. She was soooo
excited and a bit teary eyed all at once! So was her big sister! This was
just the neatest thing ever!!
As I crawled in bed that night I began to wonder...why God? Why did
she decide to open that box tonight? Was it Your timing for some
reason that it was now she discovered her long lost treasures? I tend
to believe it was His timing....I'm still not sure why now other than
just to remind her...and me that He just loves us and longs to show us!
A friend reminded me the otherday that He was leaving little love
notes for me and that I needed to keep my eye open for them.
I think we all should remember to be aware of Him trying to
show us His love. We haven't had any rain here since the Fourth
of July....and it has rained off and on all week! Thank you Lord
for this refreshing rain! Lord, I'm sorry I take it forgranted and
don't slow down enough to see Your unconditional love all around!
4 comments:
i have been learning thru a bible study lately about our covenant with God and how he LONGS for us. that right there...longs...just blows me away. amazing.
Such a sweet story. I love seeing your tender heart through your posts! God heart is tender toward us too...great post!
oh i do hope tomorrow is easy on you. i pray it is a start to a fabulous year!
I am so glad that you had this experience. Life can be tragic....with blessings that come but that are often lost in the mess.
What a sweet thing for your sister to find.
Post a Comment