Hello Everyone! I'm sorry I've been so lazy this week!
I'm loving every minute of it too!! It's so rare I'm able
to take any time off from work. This year I said the
heck with it I'm taking off!! And I did! I have slept late,
went to bed late, hung out with the kiddos, gotten some
things together for Children's Church, did some MASSIVE
cleaning....ect. I've also had some amazing quality time
with my Savior! I've only allowed myself one day to worry
over anything. I think this will be my motto for this
school...I'm allowed one day to stress over things and the
rest of the week it's off limits.
I received a newsletter from Christian Singles magazine.
I thought I would share a clip of it and tell you why it's
on my heart tonight.
"Imagine never hearing God speak in your language
Sadly, across Asia many people have never read the Bible
in their own language - never read about God's promise of
eternal salvation in a language they can truly understand -
never read or heard about Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.
Now you can help change that! This August marks an
historic month as the Summer Olympics are hosted in Beijing,
China. And during this time, Christianity Today is asking the
readers of this newsletter to remember the people of Asia."
I have a cousin that is a missionary there in Asia. He has a
wonderful family consisting of his wife and two daughters.
There is a lot going on in the news over there that causes
one to worry about them. Plus his wife is having some major
health issues that is threating to send them home. They
have already spent three years in the area. They came home
for six moths last year. They call the land their in Home.
If you think about it from time to time please lift up a prayer
for them. I know they would be grateful and you know I will
as well.
I hope and pray you all are having a wonderful week! I know
some of you have kiddos heading back to school and some
away to school...know as I think of school starting I say a pray
for you all.
Love you.....
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
For many years I believed that the Lord would send me onto the mission field but it never happened... My heart is turned toward those that sacrifice all and go to teach Jesus... I will pray for your Cousin and his wife and children......... Also how is your friend LeaAnn? And how is your Grandmom? They have come across my mind today........
Hugs
Glad you are having a lazy week. Missionary work is so amazing. I too thought maybe one day, but God showed me that we are all missionaries...some just to foreign lands. Praying for them!
Glad for your rest this week. Keep to it. One day a week to worry...hmmmmm...if only!
peace~elaine
Post a Comment