part of it with you. She reminded me that He is the One making
the decisions and that He is big enough to guide me through....
AND THEN she tempted me with KFC fried chicken!! Haha...girl
I love ya and you crack me up!
Anyway, part of my response back was telling her that for a
week I have been walking every evening. I really didn't want
to do it. It's still soooo hot and humid here..I was soooo tired...
ect...ect.... But I went out put on my headphones and my
Hillsong cd to and took off. As much as my body after a long
day at work doesn't want to my heart is set on go. I love the
quiet time I've found on these evenings with my Savior.
I thought about this shirt that I bought a youth camp several
years ago....it reads... "Take Your Walk Higher". I want to
take this faith and trust in Him to a higher level. No matter
how long the walk is I want to take it! I also told my friend
that I enjoyed talking and trying to listen. And that when I
heard Him speak I was going to jog!!!
And if He wants me to jog it's going to take a lot of walking
to get me in shape for that....hmmmm....hence I'm still
walking and listening.


5 comments:
Getting up and getting moving is a good thing.
Julia's school has a walking tract...as soon as it dries up a little I thought it might be place to go and try to get my patoot in better shape.
I'll have to take my ipod and do some singing along the way.
And....you might want to stay away from the KFC if you want to make it to the jogging. ;)
it ALWAYS makes the walk feel shorter and more enjoyable with a friend beside me! good for you mel!
You are in the best place ever-leaning on Him, listening to Him. obeying...that is so awesome and I know the future is bright wherever He is taking you! BIG HUG!
You go girl!!! I wish I could come walk with ya! Keep at it!
Hugs,
Fran
You are a hoot... and I love the Taking the Walk Higher...... Isn't that what it is all about... Not the walk of someone else but our walk...... Our path..... The path chosen before we were formed in our mothers womb.... Walking the walk..... Taking it one step at a time regardless of the pace that others might want to set for us....... HE knows when it is time to jog!
Love ya much and take time for the KFC...... hahahha but try not to drive and eat!
Post a Comment