Here's some more "water" for the Waterpots...In my last post I commented I wanted to share a few more
points from Spurgeon's sermon and just a few more thoughts
of my own. I really want to share with you guys what finally
caused me to decide to go back to school in 2001.
The next sermon point was for me the strongest one.
"When Christ is about to bestow a blessing He gives a
command."
"a word of command goes before a word of power, or
else with it."
"He is about to give wine and the process does not
consist of saying '" Let wine be,'" but it begins by a
command addressed to men, '"Fill the waterpots
with water'".
Wow...How neat is that?!? Now, this is about to get
into Melanie's simple example time. He didn't say
"Let Melanie be Psychology major". He said
"Melanie go back to school". If it's okay here I would
like that to be the only example I leave here. If you
do comment on this post I would love to hear what
you would fill in the command He has given you...if
you would like to share.
And go back to school I did. Now, here is where I'm
still turning the thoughts...so any thoughts you might
like to leave on it would be gratefully thought on.
If going back to school is filling up the waterpot...
is there more commands to filling up the
waterpot than just one command...or does one
command fill up one waterpot??
Then, if going back to school filled up the waterpot
why do I feel like it hasn't turned to wine yet. I feel
I was obedient in doing what He had asked. Is it that
my faith is too weak, the waterpot is not full yet- is it
not filled to the brim?? Then after they were told to
fill the pots they were then commanded to "Now draw
some out and take it to the master of the banquet."
Here are my thoughts after looking at my
commentary. According to my commentary when
He commands them/us to "draw some out" it's
because the wine was not to be left in the vessel but
to be drank. That He's works are to be used that it's
not given to be buried. I suppose then the "water"
of my obedience in going back to school has been
turned into wine. And what He has asked me to draw
out is the gift He has given me in the job/working with
special needs children that He has me placed in. I
admit to you right now in this moment I could barely
type that last sentence for the AHA moment tears in
my eyes....
I'd like to share with you how I knew that God had
commanded me to go back to school. I had been
wrestling Him for almost two years over this. I went
to youth camp the summer of 2001 as a counselor.
A friend of mine went too because it was her daughters
first year to go to camp. We went to John Brown
University in Northern Arkansas. The campus was
a few hours away from the Wesleyan college in
Oklahoma. The kids were given the option of going
one afternoon to this Christian campus. On the way
there I talked to my friend about the thoughts I was
having on going back to college. We had talked about
it some in the past but just in commenting on it.
When we reached the last stop of the campus tour
it was in the Chapel. I have never felt so drawn to a
place in my life. I just walked away from the group
just down halfway to the front of the Chapel and sat
down on the steps. I just sat there crying, praying
and pondering...what I knew I had to do. When I got
up the group had moved out into the parking lot. I
opened the door into the foyer and was quickly
embraced by a hug from my friend...who whispered
in my ear "you have to do this. Stop thinking and do
it". We got back to camp in time for service and after
that they headed to eat and I head back to the dorm.
I opened my Bible and for the first time in my life
prayed flat on my face. I prayed for what seemed like
hours. My mentor and I had been talking for the past
year about our lives being like a puzzle and how when
it was time God was always faithful to give us the next
piece. Well, the next day my friend and I were walking
up from the soccer field where the kids were playing
games. We decided to take a short cut across campus
and were walking up a road of grey gravel. As we
were walking and talking I was looking down at the
ground AND something caught my eye....I stopped dead
in my tracks...as my friend kept walking and talking.
I couldn't believe it...it was the most unbelievable
thing I had ever seen....it was a small single puzzle
piece!!!!! I picked up, closed my eyes and right there
(while my friend was still walking away) I surrendered.
The following week on a Wed. I was officially enrolled
in the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
Below is a picture of the puzzle piece I found...
It still amazes me how the piece is so close to the color of the road.
Thank you guys for walking out this post with me....
I feel God is calling me again to a higher education...I pray for an obedient
heart once again...and another puzzle piece would be awsome right now.

4 comments:
Could it be that you just got your puzzle piece? A piece hidden in a place called the internet...buried even deeper in a sermon you just "happened" to find.
I love your puzzle piece story.How cool that God gave you such a solid piece to hold on to.
Now I would say that He is calling you deeper. I don't think He does things often the same way twice.
What came in the physical is now coming in the spiritual because you now have ears to hear.
If you are the pot....then someone else will draw out of you what He put in there. You will not be responsible for doing it.
Maybe your boss is the one drawing out of you right now?
And I would say that over a life time...if we willing participate in the filling process...I believe the wine becomes finer and more refined.
Remember also that the longer a wine sits the better they say it gets.
There is a drawing in you even not...a feeling that where you are is not "it". And then this sermon.
He is speaking.
One thing I learned reading Oswald Chambers....when God gives a command He will not give another till the first is done.
You ask Him to make the way.....and you go.
He told me....Sharon go tell my people that I love them and I want them back.
That is my heart passion and has been for a long time.
I will say this.....He has put something special in your heart for those who many would look past. That burden did not come from your enemy....that leaves God.
Walk forward holding that burden close to your heart. If He gave it to you He will prepare you to use it to the greatest glory.
I know we look at things differently sometimes....but there is a restlessness in you.....it could be growing pains. Don't fight the growing pains.
I could go on and on....I'll stop.
Love ya girl
His command as of recently is simply to write. Not to worry about what that looks like (whether through journaling, book writing, blog writing, note writing), but simply to write. It's been a hard challenge to write without a focused intent, but he is proving faithful to me when I choose to obey, even when the outcome is undetermined.
Wonderful thoughts, and wonderful picture of the girl in regards to the Siesta Fiesta. I sure thought about my sisters having so much fun this past weekend.
Blessings to you in your week.
peace~elaine
I am praying for you Melanie. I enjoyed your puzzle story and the relating it to the water and wine...you asked and this is what first came to mind. Abraham was promised a son but waited 25 years. The Israelites had the sea parted but had to cross through the waters and wait 40 years to enter the promised land. Sometimes God makes us wait. There are seasons where we are waiting. I don't think it is always because there is another command to be done other than what He is developing in us in preparation for the next thing down the road. The waiting is often how He devlops certain character traits in us. And in the wine story...Mary came to Jesus and made no request. She didn't ask Jesus to make wine. She didn't ask Jesus for anything she simply stated her issue. "They have no more wine." I have done this on many occasions...I have no clue, none, as to what to do, where to go, how to proceed; so I put it out there, "Jesus I have no job. Jesus I have no van. Jesus our finances are a wreck." I encourage you that Jesus has you right where He wants. He is capable of letting you know exactly what it is you are to do next. His arm is not to short. He is mighty to save.
Jesus,
Please touch Melanie. Help her to feel Your presence in this waiting as a real and abiding peace. Help her to rest while You guide and direct. I ask for wisdom. I ask for that last puzzle piece to be made known. I pray Lord that in her spirit she would know deep within that all is well and You are in control. You told us if any lacked wisdom we could ask and You would give generously without finding fault. I ask for wisdom for Melanie. Guide, lead, and direct her. In Jesus name. Amen
YOU FOUND A PUZZLE PIECE...incredible. goosebumps, awe, smiling...amazing! oh girl this post really spoke to my heart this morning. ahh the waiting. my hubster and i are standing at a huge fork in the road with a decision and i am just praying and waiting and wishing i could get that peace that i know comes...overwhelms me when the answer is given.
so i suppose my statement is;
linda, you need to wait and trust me.
hmph, is that ever a statement i hear over and over and over again. and to be honest is answered over and over and over again...in his time.
i am so tickled how much God loves you...right down to the detail that he put that puzzle piece in your path. and for your obedience to seek him and FIND HIM! he is ALWAYS faithful to us, huh?!
i don't find it too ironic that the song playing on your playlist at this moment is "one desire"! ohhh more goosebumps!!!
Post a Comment