A few months back I posted this picture. No words. No posttitle. It was just the picture. I had several comment on telling
more about the photo. At the time I had nothing to tell. I ran
across it and something drew me to it. Tonight I found myself
remembering it and the hold it had on me.
I've had a "zone out" day today. One of those days where
something is going on and you just can't put your finger on
it. On the way home I ran the last few days through my
mind trying to place where "this" was coming from. I knew
what I was doing at the time but traced it back a little more.
Then...Wham! There it was.
I know that in areas my Spiritual walk has gone a bit deep.
Others not so yet. I know you guys are so much deeper in
your Walk with Him. I know I'm learning and growing just
as you. I'm glad you are here to spur me on. Anyway...
The first time it appeared was when a friend was talking
about a date with her husband. Then when I was talking
to two different friends that I hadn't talked to in a long
while. Then in the wonderings of another friend drifting.
Then while longing to talk to some face to face vs.
technology.
Intimacy.
Every relationship carries it's own level of uniqueness.
The "world" right now is pulling me to feel the need
for earthly initmacy when I know it's satan's way of
hiding the fact that it's intimacy with Him I need most.
When I feel the earthly desires for intimacy...I crave it.
I'm craving Him tonight...and satan is doing all he can
do to fill my mind with junk. This picture is what my
hearts longing is right now....to be in that still quiet
place with Him.
Normally on Wed. I've been doing a scripture verse
but this time I'm going to leave a chapter that God
showed me tonight. The neat thing is that verse 3
was the verse I put in my graduation inivitations.
I love that it says "when" and not if.
1 I cry aloud to the LORD;
I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy.
2 I pour out my complaint before him;
before him I tell my trouble.
3 When my spirit grows faint within me,
it is you who know my way.
In the path where I walk
men have hidden a snare for me.
4 Look to my right and see;
no one is concerned for me.
I have no refuge; no one cares for my life.
5 I cry to you, O LORD; I say, "You are my refuge,
my portion in the land of the living."
6 Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need;
rescue me from those who pursue me,
for they are too strong for me.
7 Set me free from my prison, that I may praise your name.
Then the righteous will gather about me
because of your goodness to me.
6 comments:
Intimacy with God is a growing relationship. The more I recognize my need, the more I understand that earthly pleasures cannot fill that need. Only Him. Some days, I want to forego coming to Him, especially when life gets hard and confusing and one big bag of emotions. That's when I heavily lean on Isaiah 55:10-11...knowing that time in his word will not yield empty but will accomplish something in me, even when I cannot see it.
peace to you this Wednesday. You are being thought of~elaine
I have spent many years of my life trying to fill the part of me that belongs to God.. and oh yes the enemy will pull us away from that relationship with promise of something better..... I can tell you with MUCH experience that there is no other..... It is being alone with HIM and HE fills our live....... filling our lives with HIS word will fill us up to overflowing.. I run to the book of Isaiah as it when I find my hearts desire..
Love ya lots and pray a little prayer each morning for you........
"I know you guys are so much deeper in your Walk with Him."...PFFFF...umm, nope but surely do identify with this post. your battle may be a different topic or situation but we are both being blessed immensely by God's true protection and deliverance. shout this out loud to that evil guy melanie!! he needs to be reminded of his DEFEAT!!
You are not alone. Many turned to many different thigns when it is intimacy with God that their spirits crave. It is very mature of you to realize this. Praise God He drew you to Himself and His Word! Hugs to you sweet sister...you are futher along than you think!
I will agree with Leslie. It is easy to see in others what we don't recognize in ourselves. And I think that is a great idea on Gods part. If we saw ourselves for real and how far we have come...then He might have to take us down a notch.
We all have a long way to go....thank God we are not were we used to be.
Keep walking.....He is moving.
You are wise to recognize satan's strategy. I won't talk on my blog about it, but I think it's safe here to say that my youngest (he just turned 16) has greatly suffered from the longing for intimacy with other Christians, and instead getting the smack in the back. And no, I do not exaggerate. Coupled with a perfect storm of circumstances, he doesn't attend church at this time. He loves God, but is not satisfied with the corporate worship experience. He has completely valid reasons for how he feels much to my grief. But, the Lord has shown me that HE will shepherd Jason and keep him, and (I believe) get him back into a place of worship of his direction.
All this was to say, that it is hard as a teacher to see your child's pain, recognize it for what it is, but, also know that there is more, and in this case the more is, the hurt that he felt at repeated betrayal, coupled with no healthy connection with anyone there, week after week, left him hurt and lonely. He wanted someone to be his friend, to be what he had been for others. Each week he left, knowing instead that he was the outcast, and no one really cared. When he talked to me about this, I knew that the deeper issue was he is now a young adult, and he is feeling a bone deep spiritual thirst for The Lover of our souls, and I pray every day that he will find and drink from the 1 true well!
People will always let us down and hurt us, God will never, never! He knows this in his head, and he is learning it in his heart. It is just a shame he had to get out of church to keep hold of it, bc it was in danger of being ripped from him.
I hope it was Ok, to talk about this here. I thought this might make some sort of sense to you....
I think that you show in every post a healthy hunger for Our wonderful King of Kings, and Lord of Lords!
Happy Saturday, Melanie Joy!
xoxo,
maria
Post a Comment