Well, tomorrow is the first day of school....
I'll enjoy it because it's my Photography class.
I wonder if the teacher will remember me?
Anyway, it's kind of fitting to start school off
this week because this weekend marked the
18th anniversary of the date of my accident.
A fitting timing our God had indeed.
This was a very tough decision in going back
to school. I didn't make up my mind in
obedience until the morning tuition was due.
A couple weeks ago I was talking to a good
friend about it all. She made a comment that
God had emptied me. She was right. Here is
what God showed me...
As you may remember I just finished the Bible
study of Daniel. The first week of study I
discovered there was a seed- a trait I did not
realize was there and I did not want it planted.
As I began looking at my heart the next few
weeks I discovered the soil had been prepared
and Satan was easily getting ready to plant that
seed. What seed was it? Pride! A confidence
in the flesh. The very first week of Daniel I
discovered I was getting very confident in "my"
ability in my work. I was giving myself credit
instead of Him. I know that I allowed God to
empty me because my confidence right now is
at a low. However, I know that it's a good thing
right now because I'm going into the first day of
school with my confidence in Him only!!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
In HIM we live and move and have OUR being! Have faith in THE faith of Christ and HE will direct your path..... I will be looking forward to seeing how the first day went!
AND what accident? I am in the dark on that one...... 18 years ago ? you were just a pup!
Love ya and praying that your spirit man be ignited with the opportunity that The Father has led you to......
I so understand your words here.
He took me from a comfortable ground...to a place of nothingness. The territory he took me into.....I have nothing to offer. And that is where He wants me.
This is a strange new place....but it is freeing.
Glad you liked your first day of school. It is a good thing.
You go girl! Hope the first day was a great one! He is sufficient for His power is made perfect in your weakness!
i'm curious, don't know about the accident. but relying on Him for EVERYTHING is important. i'm learning that right now.
He is with you, Melanie, now and always...
Pride will ruin us everytime. I've had a humble dosing of teaching over the weekend. Thankfully, we have a King who is able to make all things new and right with our hearts.
Have a great week, friend. I love all the beautiful photography you share with us.
peace~elaine
Post a Comment