On Christmas Eve I watched Narnia for the first time. WoW!This movie was a huge eye opener for me. I've seen and felt
Spiritual warfare. What I experienced was real. I am a visual
learner and this movie reminded me and woke me up to some
things I had forgotten. Like we are not fighting flesh and blood...
and we can't fight this fight with our own flesh.
I left a comment on Leslie's blog the other day about this.
I've decided to memorize scripture this year. Not to see how
many I can but have them because they are the weapons we
need to fight the fight. I am tired of fighting the fight but the
fight will always be so I need to learn how to fight with the
right weapon. So, if you see some Narnia related photos on
the sidebar it's a reminder to myself.
I've decided to make some consistency here on my blog.
I've heard a few other ideas here and there so I'm going to
combine a few. One blog is doing project 365 (found this
one over at Linda's) it's the idea of making a journal of life
by using a picture a day and posting about life. Like the
idea but you Girls know me, I'm not an every day Girl.
Since I'm wanting to memorize scriptures I'm going to
combine the two. So every Wed. night I'm going to post
a picture with a scripture.
Then my regular post I'll write on the weekends to have
up on Monday. I've already been thinking about how I
can balance going back to school and still having time to
be here in Blogland.
Love you guys! Have a good weekend!
6 comments:
Perfect, and since you're such a great photographer, I can't wait to see God's Word blended with your lenses.
I, too, love the Narnia movies. Have you seen the second one?
peace~elaine
I am trying to sort out my time.. I have started a bible study of my own and reading through he bible three times this year....... I got a Jewish Old Testament for Christmas and it is wonderful !!!!!!!!
My blogger is not updating all the blogs and yours shows that you have not posted in 4 weeks ! so I thought I had better come and see what was going on and WOW.... you have lots of post for me to catch up on !
LOL! You are precious! I write about life as it happens and the Spirit hits me. It helps I am home most of the time. God is in every moment. Everything in this world points to Him...It is hard for me not to see Him or the gospel or lessons of wisdom in almost every experience. It is a GREAT idea to make a journal of life by posting your heart as life happens to you. Looking forward to it sister!
i've been meaning to tell you its sweet to see your cute face in your avatar! i'm excited you're on board and look forward to reading the scriptures you are chosing each week. food for my soul. narnia...incredible wasn't it!! i couldn't bare watching the part where aslan ?sp? dies. but it was truly powerful. if you haven't seen prince caspian...its a must!
have a great week melanie!
Mom read the Chronicles of Narnia to us when we were young...we loved them. I was so excited to see that someone was going to put a true face on these books. They did a great job.
Since you know me you know how much I think about the battle we are in.
I don't believe anything lands in our lap by coincidence....and as long as the the body of Christ refuses to see that....we will loose.
Glad for the eye opener this movie was.
I am still trying to decide what to do about my blog. Guess God will show me when I am ready.
Looking forward to see what God is going to do with the memorization. Love ya girl!
I love the new look over here, and I love what I hear from you! God is at work doing great things in you, Melanie!
I am a huge C.S. Lewis fan and was thrilled when they started making the Narnia movies. I enjoy a good Tv show or movie, and I often can find spiritual analogies (whether intended or not). It's just in my wiring.
And yes, it is OFTEN in my thoughts to remember that this IS a spiritual battle. When we grasp that and remember that I believe we live much more effectively as Christians.
But, our flesh, our human nature isn't comfortable with that viewpoint...
So it is something that takes effort. And I know you know I don't mean hooky-pooky-spooky stuff. But just the realities...just like Paul said...
I am looking forward to you viewpoints...
P.S. your scirpture memorization thoughts (which I love your plan!), sounded like an echo of a scripture I found over at Renee's at 2 Peas in a Pod....she is on my sidebar...it is a tiny scripture that was done as a post and I left a comment. It was from 119, and it really touched me...you should check it out...
Thanks for inviting me! It's great to "see" you again!
Maria
Post a Comment