Monday, January 19, 2009

I just finished IM'ing with a friend. I have such a sweet
grin plastered on my face. The grin is because I'm excited
to talk with this friend and it's because God is sending me
a reminder.
Ever since...well... before Thanksgiving I've been trying to
find one of my dearest friends from high school. I was
even beginning to regret not going to the high school
reunion in fear she might have been there. Anyway, I
had searched Classmates.com and Facebook. Anything
I could think of hoping to find her. Nothing. So on
Christmas Eve I pronounced out loud "I give up". To
which I think God grinned down at me, chuckled and
said "It's about time". So what do you think happened
the day after Christmas??! Yep, guess who's name showed
up on a common friends facebook wall....the name of my
long lost friend.
What an awsome reminder today in talking with my
friend....that when we do things on our own...nothing.
When we give up it frees Him to do His thing....
Maybe even giving us..."the desires of our heart".

I just wanted to let you guys know I had a wonderful
week last week. I never dreamed I would step out and
take this leap of faith in going back to school. I have a
Photography class and a Psychology class. So it's
right up my ally right now.

Love you guys. I hope and pray you have a fun,
safe and wonderful week!!

3 comments:

Winging It said...

We love you too, Melanie! I am SO glad you were able to connect with your friend! It means even more now that the Lord did it, I know!

May this week exceed last week in the goodness of the Lord bestowed upon you! May He grant you favor, wisdom, and joy for the tasks you face!

See you 'round!
Maria

luvmy4sons said...

So glad you are loving it! That is neat that God connected you with your friend! Many blessings to you sweet sister.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Goodness I am behind.
But I guess this is o.k since I heard this first hand? :)