Monday, January 21, 2008

Our Super Hero


Yeah!!!! I have a day off!!! Thought I would give you guys some
Good News. Some of you may remember at the end of last year
I was really upset by God asking me to change churches. I started
helping with the Children's Ministry at the new church before I
really mentally made the decision to follow my heart. Anyway,
the new church is really my home church so stepping back in was
not hard. My cousin asked me to help her so I did. I had heard
this song by Hillsong "Jesus, You're My SuperHero" and my
nephew loves it. I threw out the idea to do a quarter session on
Super heroes of the Bible and of course that Jesus is our SuperHero.
We wound down our series last night by taking the kids to go see
"The Pirates that Don't Do Anything" the Veggie Tales movie.
Guys, this movie is a must see...it is GREAT! It's different than
the other Veggie Tales movies it has a strong message behind it
too. The message is how God can take an ordinary Joe and show
him/her that when they allow Him- God can do things through
them. How we have in us all along what we need in order to do
what He has for us to do.
Now, back to the Good News message.... since this series of three
months..... We have had two kids get saved!!!!
I realized something- it's not about teaching the kids a Bible
story...it is about telling them how awsome and incredible
our/their God is.

3 comments:

Denise said...

That is what it is ALL about... seeing people born into the kingdom of God........ How wonderful..... How wonderful to know that being obedient to His call in your life produces His life in others............

hugsx0x0xx0x0x

Sharon Brumfield said...

I don't know if I like this blocked blog stuff. :(
It is not in with my other blogs any more and so I forget to check. Then I think, man why haven't I heard from her?.... and then I come over here and check and oh there is a post.
But.....I am glad that you are doing great. And that the new youth group is going great. And two kids--that is really good.
We have not been to see the veggie tale movie because I got kind of burned out while Julia was growing up. But I shall pass the word.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I love you too girl!
I am a whole year old---see???? it doesn't matter what I do I am STILL older than you.
Goodness! :)