Tuesday, January 1, 2008


Dt 11:11 But the land you are crossing the Jordan to take possession of is a land of mountains and valleys that drinks rain from heaven.
Dt 11:12 It is a land the LORD your God cares for; the eyes of the LORD your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end.

This is the verse I claim to start off my New Year. We don't know what
joys, struggles, victories, or paths that lie ahead this year. One thing we
can count on... God has gone before us into it and will be beside us
through it. Celebrating our victories, watering the dry season in due
time and carrying us through the tough times. I have found myself
really excited today about the New Year that lies ahead of me. I want
to "take possession" of it and claim it His and mine. May we recognize
Him throughout the year on both the mountain tops and in the valleys.

6 comments:

Given Grace said...

Thanks for the great reminder that no matter what lies ahead of us... God has already gone before us. What an amazing thought. May your New Year be filled with blessings from Him and may our eyes be opened to ALL He has done for us and through us!

Love your resolution also. Being real can sometimes be soooo hard! And yet being real is so rewarding...as we watch God being glorified through our realness.

I'm so glad that God has brought us together thru blogland...and look forward to a New Year together!

Denise said...

It is a reminder that we all need to hear time to time..... He has gone before us in every situation of our lives......Sometimes it is hard to remember that when we are knee deep in life..... thanks for the reminder..........

Happy New Year

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hey girl

Getting my thoughts together.
Spending some time reading when I don't feel like it.
Fasting.
Concentrating on the important relationship. I need to feel His presence again.
Even in the desert He was their shadow by day and their fire by night.

Pursue. That is my goal.

AK said...

Happy belated New Year! Thank for that encouraging post. My blog has a new url so follow the links to find it if you feel the need to visit!

Kate said...

How on earth did I miss your fabulous post?!?!

Happy New Year to you...you are such an awesome blessing to me.

Your post reminds me of Psalm 139...check it out. He knows what's in store...I think that's what makes life so exciting...sometimes even devestatingly exciting, but exciting none-the-less.

I am so with you sister...can't wait to walk with you through it all. I will keep you in my prayers.

Many blessings,
Kate

Sharon Brumfield said...

A little something for you on my blog!