Tuesday, January 22, 2008


Last Sunday our lesson in Children's Church was on Elijah
defeating the prophets of Baal at Mt. Carmel. It just made me
stop in awe again over how powerful our God is! That Elijah
prayed (once) and immediatly fire from heaven fell. I long
right now to walk out everyday life in this mindset of
Who He is. Then we walk knowing He's not just "got our back"
but He's got all of us.

We have started our next Bible study at church, we are doing
"Beloved Disciple" by Beth Moore. It wasn't the one I "voted"
for doing but none the less it has already blessed me. I
thought I would just share in the next few weeks things that
I'm waiting anxiously to "gleen" from the study.
The first thing we had to do was write a letter to God telling
Him what was our truest heart's desire at this Season we
are in. So I sat down last night with paper and pen but
instead of jumping off into words asked Him to reveal to
me right then how He saw me- where am I....
Here's what He whispered to me....
- you are settling for where you are now because it's better
than where you use to be.
- worring over future
- longing for "that someone" the suitable help mate

This is the last paragraph of her introduction:
"As surely as God loved me and timed this study for me, He
will do the same for you. My reasons happened to surround
a wedding (Amanda's). Yours will be entirely unique to you.
In whatever way Christ applies the truths of these pages to
your precious life, let Him romance you along the way.
No matter what may be going on in your life, never forget that
you are a bride."

Those last four words jumped off the page at me. With Valentine's
Day around the corner that old feeling of....not again rolls around.
There are posts popping up all around about A Year of Romance...
Please don't get me wrong.... I am so excited that you Ladies are
writing these posts!! It is so important for you to support and
encourage one another in this. If I were married I'd be right in there
with you and I do read and learn from you. I had just made the
comment the otherday that my "year of romance" will be spent
with Him again this year. There is nothing wrong with that I look
forward to it! However, the way she simply worded "you are a
bride" was just so powerful to me. I have a clever little way of
reminding myself of powerful words of truth....on my cell
phone I type key words in on my screen. Like right now it says
I am a bride.
I found this quote by Maya Angelou "A woman's heart should
be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first
to find her.". I personalized it for me and my prayer to Him is
this...I desire to have a heart so hidden in You that a man would
have to seek You first to find me. I know if marriage is for me
it will be ordained by Him.
I ask you to lift me up in your prayers for I will be speaking to
a youth group (Feb. 13th) on abstinence. I know satan will try
to have a field day with me. Pray God will give me the words
and wisdom I need to capture their attention to hear His
message.


6 comments:

Denise said...

Isaiah 54:5 For thy Maker [is] thine husband; the LORD of hosts [is] his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

This is one of my favorite scriptures...... It kept me for years and years through all the abuse and heartache.......... despite all the pain and disappointment I knew that I was so loved by my Father God and that even though I was a woman alone....... I was cover and the head of my household for God himself..................... this is such a wonderful post of faith and trust in the Father God for all things in our lives.... too many times we have faith for all sort of things in our lives but think that we are able to pick our own mate........ and when we do that, we are in trouble.... If it is not whom God has joined together, then the road will be much tougher than if we wait on the Lord.......... I speak out of experience,,,, sad experience.... I love the statement in your blog ...A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.".

I have turned it around and I will be praying this over my son Chris..... I have prayed for him a wife for 15 years..........soooo you have such a sweet attitude toward giving all of you to the Father and there is a day coming that your joy will be overflowing............how wonderful is that..........hugsx0x0x0

Sharon Brumfield said...

I am sorry that you were feeling a little left out. That sounds trite-but I don't mean it to. Beth said something about the single girls in her post the other day. She told them to fight for their position. Ya'll have something to give us.
And if you think about it--the reason we have to work on the romance is because it takes work. It is not all the media makes it to be.
I remember when I was single in college and I would dream of what married lift would be. Boy was I off. It is good at times--but it takes work. And the more there is going on in life-the more work it takes.
And when I would just love to be able to be about the Lords business--I remember that I have other responsibilities. When it is time to fast--I still have to cook.
It is just little things like that that make me wish I had enjoyed my single time.
I do pray that this will be the year for you. But more than that I pray that He fills your heart with himself. I love you girl.
He has a plan--No one can stand in His way. That is right--not even a stubborn man.:)
And you are now back on my subscribe list so I won't miss important posts like this.
I am praying for you.

Denise said...

What is a subscribe list I saw where Sharon mentioned that... I need to understand that so I too will not miss one of your posts..

Denise said...

Blessings to you this week ... I was down all day today with the back but hope to be up a bit tomorrow..........


hugs x0x00x0x

twinkle said...

Come visit my blog! I've left you a sweet surprise!

Kate said...

You know, I don't know why, but I have been struggling lately with the same thing...and I have Isaiah 54:5 on my cell phone. ;) My heart just breaks at the well intentioned-yet cliche remarks I get regarding being single. Some things are best just left unsaid.
It's awesome to remember that we are His bride, but so very easy to forget. I wish I could attach a soundcard to this, but I can't, so if you have time, visit my MySpace page, close your eyes, and just listen to the song.
http://www.myspace.com/kathrynstoker
I'll be praying for your upcoming youth talk. That's such an important topic...you'll do awesome.

I have heard the Angelou quote before...I think it is soo awesome. Hang in there.

Much love,
Kate