Details from the last post...
Okay, I'll take you on a little hunting trip...for me now called a"flashback".
My Dad gave me a bow one year a looonnnnggg time ago for
Christmas. I spent the summer learning how to shoot it. The
next season actually "got" a deer and caught the fever. My Dad
is a work-a-holic and never took the time to hunt and I was told
not to go alone. Welllll...I had a bad day at work and needless to
say my choice in going alone was not a good idea.
My stand was right behind the house. It had rained for two weeks
and turned cold so I dressed in several layers. I got to my stand
the string that we use to tie our bow to while we climb up the tree
was "missing". I mean it was know where. Yeap...hard head
goes on up anyway. I enjoy my peace and quiet, which is what I
was longing for anyway. Now, it's just about dusky dark and I
decide to get down....yeah, before Dad gets home. Oooopps too
late he is driving up. Go to get down from my sixteen foot stand
and here comes the excitement. I can't get my flashlight to come
on. Still being the hard head and the fact I'm dreading my Dad's
lecture on going alone. I decide again to go ahead and come down
on my own. I was in a stand that has screw in steps that are very
narrow. I thought I had my foot on the first step and didn't. I have
my bow on my shoulder and know now that I'm falling. I have to
get that bow as far away as I can so I slung it as far as I could (I
end up landing right beside it). I'm falling straight backward and
I have no doubts I was about to die. I prayed and ask God if He
would let me live when I hit the ground I'd do anything He asked.
However, falling and hitting the ground that hard it never knocked
me unconscious. I knew that my leg must be broke because I
couldn't get up. I managed to turn over and pull myself a good
thirty yards before my Dad got to me. I remember yelling for him
and the voice I heard was not mine it was terrifying. It was almost
like an out of body feeling. I knew what was going on and I was
there but I was watching it. The first thing I asked when they got
me to the house was (I laugh at this one now) do I have all my
teeth! I'm bleeding from the face is all I know. Ya'll I could paint
a picture of how I looked but I won't. I had a broke arm, nose,
cheekbone and pelivs. I had to wait two weeks for the swelling
to go down in my face in order to have surgery on my cheekbone.
My cheekbone was sitting about my jaw line. The nerves were
cut so there was no pain. I was in a wheel chair for a little over
two months...which almost drove me crazy.
I've been thinking so much this week about that vow I made to Him
in that prayer. It's scary how a sincere vow that you mean with all
your heart can fade through the years (it's been seventeen). I'm not
married but it would seem that may be how that kind of a vow
could do the same. You don't mean for it to and you don't even
want it to. It just happens unless we keep the flames stirred. I vowed
today to start blowing on those sparks by spending more time in
His word and with Him. I have this longing again to be more for Him.
I want to renew that old vow I made seventeen years ago. I have to
be still and see what He is asking me to do now.
7 comments:
Powerful words... Fanning the flame.... Stir up the gift that is within you..........Seems that God is on the move in the body of Christ and stirring up our hearts to the task before us........ We have all made vows to the Father at different times in our lives... I think He is passing our way and reminding us of those vows.........
Mom is home and better...:) hugsx0x0x0
I love the comment you left on my post about Grandmother..... what wonderful memories you have of them.. My grandfather was also with the railroad... He died a long time ago,,,,,,, we were not as close as we were to her..... thanks for the wonderful comment and I am so sorry the cooking never came your way..... ahahhahahahah
Thank you for the details.:)
I have been doing a lot of fanning the flame lately. Spending some serious time with God. Having some issues with blogging.I'll talk about that later in an email.
I think I am just weird-or maybe God is trying to tell me something.
Keep fanning the flame. We need some flames and not just those who like to warm themselves around them. Understand?
Wahoooooo--good job girl!
Now you will have to let me know if you post because I guess my subscribe won't update.
I am not sure how this works.
We shall have to see.
Thank you so much for sharing this story and the cry of your heart with us all!
May we all fan the flames and renew our vows. I too am longing to draw closer! Lifting our hearts to Our Lord for renewal.
I didn't realize you privatized your blog...thanks for the invite. :)
I enjoyed your story. I've made a vow or two myself and my constant desire is to be continually drawing nearer to Him.
What part of LA are you from? I went there last year...had a blast. I hope to go back this year.
I have a tracker that shows me the location of people that enter my blog, but you're the only one it can't track...you always come up as Kalispell Montana.
Post a Comment