Karen over at Karen's Ramblings has started a Memory Verse Monday!The aim of "Memory Verse Monday" is to:
1. Memorise a passage (or passages) of scripture.
2. Share why you have chosen the verse or verses that you have.
3. Encourage one another with what God has been saying to you through this verse.
4. Share the ways in which you find remembering verses works for you.
This weekend I started Max Lucado's book "It's Not About Me". I've only
brushed the top of the second chapter but wow this is an amazing book!
A verse in the book caught my eye and I would like to make it the verse
of the week for me. In the first chapter he talks about the moon and it's
role. The moon does not give off light but merely reflects light from a
greater source. How much we are to be like the moon- that we are to be
a reflection to others of the greater source- our Savior. Lucado says,
"God does not exist to make a big deal out of us. We exist to make a big
deal out of Him. It's not about you. It's not about me. It's about Him."
Here's the verse-
"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory,
are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing
glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."
2 Corinthians 3:18
I want you Ladies to know that God has used you to reflect His love to
me in such a special way. May we never be content unless we are
positioned in such a way that God's glory radiates from us as we stand
in awe of Him.
4 comments:
Melanie,
A wonderful verse. Thank you so much for sharing. I find that the people in this community lift each other up and offer support and prayer. I love the photo on your sidebar.
Blessings,
Mary
What a great verse. For years I have prayed for God to do to me whatever he had to do to get me ready to glorify Him.
How cool would it be when we are gone for the people we knew to say--they reminded me of Jesus?
Hmmmmm--new pictures--not one of you.;)
That's o.k-I'll wait.
Good choice of verse Melanie. This is brilliant.
Looking forward to hearing what God says to you as you memorise it.
Awesome verse, thanks for sharing it. MelanieJoy I pray that God reveals to you his plans for you, that you be encouraged and uplifted. The Devil loves to pull us down with memories of the past, and lie to us about now - but wow, God is transforming us! Caterpillars to Butterflies. Fly free!
Post a Comment