The last few weeks and the last couple of months have really tested my faith. From changing churches, worring over some relationships, work and then my sister's health issues James 1:2-8 becomes a lifeline. When several things like this "stack up" in a row and my worry kicks in I know that satan is lurking around close. It's in those times when my mind gets overloaded and I can work up into a pretty good panic. See, I have suffered all my life with not a physical disease but an emotional one. There are four primary attatchment styles: Avoidant, Ambivalent, Disorganized and Secure. The one that has plagued me is the Ambivalent attatchment and I'd like to use the next couple of post to explain it and the others. I think it was an important thing for me to learn in school not just for myself but it helps me relate and deal with others I meet in "life".
God and I have walked a long path over the last five years and He has brought healing and renewing in this area of my life. Praise you Jesus...You alone! Even though, as in this week those same old fears and old beliefs try to creep back in. This is where the devil is lurking around in those weak areas of my mind. I'm able to recognize these times so much faster and the faster I do the less work there is to maintain victory. A friend reminded me today about how God will test us until we get that "A" He knows we can obtain.
This was the first verse of many that I started out equiping myself with....
"...Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be
accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door;
it desires to have you, but you must master it." Gen. 4:6&7.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is such a good verse. I remember teaching this in childrens church.I love that God gave him a chance to save himself a lot of pain and failure in the future.
Bend your knee. Admit you can't do it. Then the power comes.
James 1:2-8 is such a good reminder that we can call upon the Lord and He will be faithful to us.
And I can imagine your life must have been pretty confusing for you at times living with that form of attachment. I'm so glad that you've been able to recognize the cause behind some of the emotions that you've experienced.
I think that half of the reason I love studying psychology so much is that many of the subjects it discusses have tremendously affected my family in some way. Learning that there are psychological reasons behind why people often behave innapropriately has helped forgiveness to take the place of bitterness in my heart.
I will be sure to pray for you as you continue to faithfully trust the Lord. I love how he's so patient with and good to us! Have a great week!
Greetings... I found you via Edge of Design... I love your post... I think it is so important to remember that the Father God as a parent strives to teach us life lessons and at the same time keep us sheltered from harm. I have walked with the Lord for 30 years now and seems the longer this walk goes the more like a child I become.. It is in His strength that we overcome....... and the more that realization becomes alive in me the less I strive to obtain.....
Be blessed this day and is it not wonderful how He brings such healing from the terrible hurts of the past......
Someone has been playing and I like the look.
Is this a better color for the picture you are going to put up? ;)
Post a Comment