
Karen over at Karen's Ramblings has started a Memory Verse Monday!
This is something that's been on my heart so I've decided to join in.
The aim of "Memory Verse Monday" is to:
1. Memorise a passage (or passages) of scripture.
2. Share why you have chosen the verse or verses that you have.
3. Encourage one another with what God has been saying to you through this verse.
4. Share the ways in which you find remembering verses works for you.
Here's my scripture:
Psalm 13
Ps 13:1 How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
Ps 13:2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Ps 13:3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
Ps 13:4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
Ps 13:5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
Ps 13:6 I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.
Ps 13:1 How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
Ps 13:2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Ps 13:3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
Ps 13:4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
Ps 13:5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
Ps 13:6 I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.
I am going to memorize the last two verses of this chapter. There are a couple of areas in my life that God has been asking me to trust Him in. I feel like I am constantly asking the same question as David "How long, O LORD".....how long, Lord do I have to wait ? Weither it be a life of singleness, uncertian career path or a ministry on hold....even in the darkness I will choose to praise you! "I will trust in your unfailing love.....I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me".
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing this Melanie. I hope you are realising your blogging value now, I know you were questioning blogging for a wee while. Yes I was having a 'how long O Lord' question for nearly 10 days, it was horrible, a heaviness in the pit of my stomach that didn't want to shift. Then it did, like a heaviness came, refused to go and then with prayer, holding on, and wondering 'how long O Lord' it did. May you have the breakthrough you crave and encouragement for today to lift you up and over.
This is a lovely verse and I appreciate you sharing it and your thoughts. I will keep you in my prayers that you will get direction from Him. Keep your eyes unto the Lord...
Blessings,
Mary
Refusing to give in to what our eyes can see. Our enemy paints a picture that is opposite of the good plans God has stored up for us.
Praise is the light that will always break through the darkness that is constantly swirling around in the atmosphere.
Lift up your head and see the King of Glory sitting on His throne. When He stands--the enemies will flee.
Blessings to you sweet one, great verse.
Post a Comment