Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I'll do it anyway...

Within hours of posting my Monday Memory Verse I found out that my sister is having some health issues. Coincidence- I think not! God is teaching me to not just learn a verse but to know it and apply it. I have been thinking so much in the last few months about Praising Him
at all times. Especially in the dark- unknown times.
These last couple of days with my sister have totally drained me... as a friend of mine said today "I got nothin". I was sitting on the floor with the kids at work today thinking- I've got to find a fill me up, Lord verse to go with my memory verse. Then it hit me (a duh moment) my memory verse..."I will sing...". Praise! Praising Him fills you back up!
Finally got off work and put in my Newsong cd turned up the volume to "More to See". Here's
a few lines of it:
Your Mercies are new every morning-
Your Mercies are new everday-
Beautifully new everday-
Lord, please fill me up because I got nothin! I praise you Lord! I trust you! I may not feel like it but I'll do it anyway!

Prayer Praise....my job looks secure until the end of the school year in May!
Prayer Request....my sister (she's 33) found out her "stopped up" ear is actually
permanent hearing loss. There is only a 30% chance of it coming back. Dr. gave
her medicine and said if not better by next Monday then will do a MRI.
The don't know what is causing the loss of hearing. Thanks for your prayers in
advance. You are wonderful in the Sisterhood!

7 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Dear God
We love you. And we are here to serve you in whatever place you want us. Thank you that you know us inside and out. Thank you that you know our bodies and why they are acting the way they are. God thank you that your plans for us are for good. You are gentle and kind and most of all we know all your actions are loving.
God we know Jesus opened eyes--we need an ear opened. We don't want to take away from any glory your name will receive.Please act according to your will. We will be patient and continue to ask for healing in your time. And for your greatest glory.
We love you

And I love you too girl ;)

MelanieJoy said...

Thank you Sharon. You know we actually need to ears opened....my sister's physical ear and my brother-in-laws spiritual ear!
You are a wonderful friend and may we continue to "do life together"

Sharon Brumfield said...

Good reminder on the two ears.
I pray that part of the glory God gets from this is that your sisters husband ears are opened and the veil is removed from his eyes.
How cool about your fish! See it is really not so hard.
As long as you do not over salt and pepper--almost anything can be saved. Well unless that is you burn it.;o)
Never walking alone.
He promised!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

i am going to a newsong concert this weekend. i am so pumped!!!! yeah!!

I will lift up your sister this morning!!

love, Leigh

Sharon Brumfield said...

Don't forget the pancake syrup--you have to use that too.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Good evening girl.
Don't forget about your blessing post tomorrow.
It would be a great time to do something with your niece and nephew.;)
Hope you had a great weekend.

Denise said...

Unlike any other written work the word of God tells us in

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The word is alive and when spoken in faith it goes out to perform its appointed task... What a God we serve that give us His word to speak over the obsticales in our lives and in the lives of those around us...

Praise.... It is where God lives..

I loved your post...(I found you via Karen's Ramblings)