
I have joined in with Mary and Sharon in the "Be a Blessing this Christmas". I love the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays! I love to give and the Holidays really stir that desire up in me. I knew this year I wanted to do something that tied in my work. There is this one particular family that goes to our church and they have two sons with Autism. They have spent every dime they have on those kids education and therapy. I have decided to give an anonymous gift card from Walmart to them for Christmas. I am joining my niece and nephew in making Christmas ornaments at the church. We are going Christmas Caroling and delivering our ornaments to the elderly in our community.
This time of the year reminds me so much of the story of Mary and Martha. I want to be a Mary but it is so hard in our fast paced world to not find ourselves living as Martha. We go through the day, week and year "spinning plates". In order to give we think...where the heck is an extra plate going to go, where do I find the time and the energy! Our love for Him and our desire to serve Him...to be like Him that's where it comes from.
May you not only be blessed this Season but may you bless others in His Name...
2 comments:
What a great idea. I know this family will feel so blessed by your actions.
And that is a pretty neat idea-making ornaments for the elderly.
We did Christmas caroling one year at church and gave loafs of bread to the homes we went to.
Have a good day girl.
I am a Martha wanting to learn to be a Mary.... we could all learn from her..... Thanks for the prayers Dad is home tonight and he is well.... just needed to get his blood pressure meds changed.... thanks for the prayer...... I know that God listens to His children when they pray.........
Have a blessed Sunday
Post a Comment