Monday, July 28, 2008

One the Road to something Beautiful

The last couple weeks satan has taken a couple of blows
at me. Today is one of those days were it's been hard
to find the energy to get back up again. I was down for
the count today but a friend of mine wouldn't let me...
These were my words....
I know that the next step I take I'll still be on my butt again.
I just want one thing even if its small to keep me from falling
again.
To which she replied Jude 1:24,25 "TO him who is able to keep
you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence
without fault and with great joy to the only God our Savior be
glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our
Lord, before all ages, now and forever more!" Amen.

The song I have playing is by Charlie Hall. I've been playing it
the last week over and over again. What a perfect combo...
this scripture and song...

"On the Road to Beautiful"
I crumble at Your kiss and grace
I'm a weakling in the dust
Teach me how to cling to You
With all my life and all my love
Father come to me, hold me up 'cause I can barely stand
My strength is gone and my breath is shot, I can't reach out my hands
But my heart is set on a pilgrimage to heaven's own bright King
So in faltering or victory I will always sing
And on the road to beautifulMy seasons always change
But my life is spent on loving You
To know You in Your power and pain
You're my portion in this life
You're my strength now in my fight
And to You I pledge my heart
In the pain and in the dark I'll love
YouI'll love You, I'll love
YouI'll love You...

Lord, please help me/us keep putting one foot
in front of the other. Be our strength and energy this
day. I choose to continue to exchange this heaviness
for praise.

10 comments:

Denise said...

Girl..... I pray that the Father give you vision to the host of angels that surround you.. I pray that HE shows you that you are surrounded by such a cloud of witnesses and those witnesses are cheering you on....... We grow so weary and when we push in as you have been pushing in the enemy pushes back.... but we have a God that is so on your side and HE is our rear guard……. I pray that your strength is that of a supernatural source…… I have not walked where you are walking but I can love you and pray for you as you walk this path…….. I am a friend that walks along side you although you cannot see me…… I am there I am praying…….. That is what we can do as the body of Christ……..

Hugs

Growin' with it said...

even if it hurts sometimes, i am so grateful that i am forced to hold on to his hand! why don't i just chose it on my own ALL the time?! hang in there sista!

Denise said...

Come over and get your name in the pot for some fun things! Thinking of you!

luvmy4sons said...

Keep on keeping on. Persevere. If you do not weary...you WILL reap a harvest in due season...That was a great verse in Jude to give you. I know that sometimes we still feel as if we are free falling at times...but be assured there is a big wide net to catch you and that net is Jesus...and He is sovereign and He has your good in mind and He will complete the work He began in you. Commit your way unto the Lord and He will bring it to pass. Keep your eyes heaven bound sweet sister! Hugs! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

You are so right on with this. We don't have to be all jumping up and down with joy when life doesn't seem all that peachy, but it is obedience to continue to praise Him through it all! I loved those words to that song, precious. Keep on, your blessing is on the way!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful, beautiful lyrics to that song! And the verse your friend gave to you!

Amen, and Amen!

xoxo,
Maria

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Melanie:
When I feel such heaviness of heart, I do as you do. I find some great praise and worship music, and even if I don't feel like praising, music always has a way of lifting me to another level of truth.

I keep you in my thoughts and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to bless my son through your words. He is so overwhelmed by the support of his mom's "friends" and the body of Christ that extends beyond county, state, and country lines!

This has been a sacred time of shaping for all of us. Hard at times, but very good.

Love u this night and praying for your follow through.

peace~elaine

luvmy4sons said...

Have a safe trip! I pray blessings on you!

Anonymous said...

I never heard this song before but the words are beautiful!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Have fun!
That's an order! :)
And you know that I am praying for you.
Standing on the promises of Christ our King
Through eternal ages let his praises ring
Glory in the Highest we will shout and sing
Standing on the promises of God
Standing...standing
Standing on the promises of Christ our Savior
Standing...standing
YOUR standing on the promises of God.