
I'm not sure why the picture
is so small...but it's kind of fitting for my mood
today. I've got some major thoughts going on
the last couple of days. It's okay though
because my God was prepared to handle them today. The song
that starts off playing is a clip of Chris Tomlin's song "Glory in
the Highest". I was given a DVD that had a bonus CD included
and this song is on it. I have had it playing for two days with
the repeat button on!! So these thoughts bouncing around
with this song added then as if the song was not enough God
loved on me a little more and gave me this scripture...
"That's why, when I heard of the solid trust you have in the
Master Jesus and your outpouring of love to all the
Christians, I couldn't stop thanking God for you- every
time I prayed, I'd think of you and give thanks. But I
do more than thank. I ask- ask the God of our Master,
Jesus Christ, the God of glory- to make you intelligent
and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes
focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it
is he is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this
glorious way of life he has for Christians, oh, the
utter extravagance of his work in us who trust him-
endless energy, boundless strength!" Eph 1:15-19
I have to admit many things here...
I can say that all of you fit into this scripture as
the prayer of my heart for you. Right now- I am also
having to change the -I pray for you- to I have to pray
this one for me tonight.
First of all, how solid right now is my "solid trust" in
Him?! I've been very tempted this past week to pull
a Sarai and rush up things and get my dreams ahead
of God's timing. I've been trying all day to get my
mind and emotions at the feet of my God.
I pray this moment and ask that God help me get my
thoughts back parallel with His. That He might give
me the discernment I need to step ahead- I need the
clear and focused eyes. I need eyes focused on Him.
I long for the "endless energy, boundless strenght!".
I also have to walk in tomorrow and give an official
"two week" notice and someone is not going to
react very well. My boss will give me a hard time of
it tomorrow. I've given her more than extra from me
this summer...now it's time for me to have a break...
I just pray she will say okay and we can go about a
peaceful day.
Love you all~
4 comments:
okay, so first off...before i even began reading your blog i was taken away by that chris tomlin song...so now i'm on the hunt for it myself. beautiful!
and now what am i complaining about? i think having to do what you're doing tomorrow would put my tummy in knots way more than a dental procedure!
likewise...i will pray for you. i am one of those peeps who struggle so much w/ standing up for myself and doing what is right, even if uncomfortable because i know it is what God wants.
again...i'm learning from watching your life....thank you friend!
Hey girl.. Strength for the journey! That is what I pray for you tonight….. Sitting at His feet is the place that we find all answers to our questions…..I have learned that once we enter into the Holy of Holies there are no more questions…… It is the simple act of being in His presence that we no long have any need……. I pray for you tonight that you enter into that Holy of Holies and sit a spell……….. Tomorrow will take care of itself, for He has already been there……….. Love ya girl and am watching to see how He shows Himself large in your life……
Hugs
Oh sister...I so understand. Hubby and I are on a journey right now too involving much trusting and waiting to see how God will guide us. It is a good palce to be..it is a hard place to be. Praying for your clear direction and your peace and blessing on this journey! Hugs to you!
Post a Comment