I sit here with eyes brimmed in tears as I say to all of you
Thank You!! Thank you so much for your sweet
encouraging words. I feel your warm hearts of love as if
you were sitting in my living room right beside me.
Ok, I'm going to try to give details as much as I can...my
mind is still so tired from thinking and talking. All the
details don't really matter anyway because what has been
done has been done. I've been trying to....well we (a whole
community) has been trying to stand back up- dust
ourselves off and decide what needs to be done about a
school year about to begin. We found out on Tuesday
evening that our school had been yet again denied. For
several days you could feel a sense of a community in
mourning.
As for me it all started yesterday when things began to
click. Thank you Leslie for your reply to my email. I
had started researching homeschooling because that is
the decision that my sister has made concerning my
nephew. See, they closed our public school in our
community three years ago. Some of the parents sent
their children to private schools. While others chose to
homeschool and the rest of the kids ended up going to
the public school in the next town. Those kids that had
to go to public are the ones I worry over. I'm a graduate
of that school and it was getting bad then I can only
imagine 20 years later what it is like.
As some of you know I felt God call me at the end of last
year to go back to my home church. Now, I was very
very upset about this because I LOVED where I was!
Now, I may see some of the reason why God asked me
to. The whole time I'm talking to God about this move
back to home church I kept hearing one word over and
over...Community.
Leslie gave me the correct term for what I was
seeking the otherday. Homeschool Co-ops! Wow!!
I've been researching it all day. This home church God
called me back to yeah it's big enough to handle the idea
of a Co-op. Our paster's wife has been trying for months
to find a way for our church to reach out to the
COMMUNITY...hmmmm think God may be putting a
puzzle together here?!?!? For today I choose to believe
He is!! In the future I hope to see that He did.
As for me, I'm still not sure. I've been checking into the
possibility of going back to school. I have been for awhile
and as I asked you guys to help me pray the otherday
about the right person to talk to about it....well, I have
finally started getting some answers from the university.
I'm thinking about a fast pace program they offer that
allows you to be in the school teaching while you attend
classes. It only takes one year to complete and at the
end you have a Master's degree in teaching. I am going
to choose the field of Special Ed. The major thing for me
is going to be the three major tests that stand in the way
of requirements to meet. If I pass them I'll know it's
God's go ahead!
I do still have my current job....I'm not happy about
staying but at least I have a job. I am going to probably
work only part-time. This will allow me time for school
(if God has that direction in mind for me) and to help
with the homeschooling (even if it is just nephew).
You guys will never know how much you mean to me.
I never dreamed in a million years to be in this....
Community called Blogland!! You have become a sense of
accountability, encouragement, support and love that
I have longed for. Thank you so much again! Know that
the feeling and acts of love are returned to you from the
bottom of my heart!!! Love you!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
sounds like that chin of yours is up and eyes are focused heavenward! good for you girl.
i sure thought of you yesterday at my bible study. the topic was loyalty and how God fights for us.
so much unseen and unknown right now, but i am more than confident it will all fall into the place God has planned and you will read back one day and smile.
hugs!
You have NO idea how much good it does my heart to hear from you & I can tell God is near to strengthen and encourage you. I am hopeful as I read the direction that seems to be unfolding. I will continue to keep you & your COMMUNITY in my prayers accordingly! :)
All those good, yummy feelings right back at ya', Girl! :)
God is always working, even when we can't see his hands. So glad for some hope in the middle of disappointment.
peace~elaine
Hi Melanie,
It's the first time I've come here, and I've been really blessed by your openness, and your lovely nephew & niece stories! It's so encouraging to hear a little of God's plan unfolding even between this post and the last! God is good. (You know that!) Keep trusting in Him, all will be revealed in due time!
God bless you in this difficult time.
Juliet.
I heard you were hurting through another's blog. I stopped by to see if there was anything I might be able to do to help and/or encourage you. I believe God has a better plan. He usually does so don't lose hope even though its hard to see your way through and trust (or the lack thereof) may be an issue at the moment, Jesus will not fail you nor forsake you!
Having others lift us up to the Lord does amazing things! Continuing to pray for His guidance in your life.
Know that you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength!
Praying for you sweet friend. I'm praying for His hand to lead you to the perfect path. Be filled with His love, His peace, and His presence as you figure this all out. Be patient.
Big hugs,
Fran
Hey girl.... sooooooooo good to hear that God is on the move in your life.... It is just so hard to understand what He is doing sometimes but it is always something toward our good......It looks like your mind is clearing and that God is speaking words for your direction...... I will pray about the project of the Co-op (I know nothing about that but I do not need to) I will pray...... keep in touch.......
Love you much! Oh and I will pray about the time schedule between work and study for you.......
So glad that you filled us in. I pray it will all work out. God is in it! He doesn't always work the way we think would be best. So glad that my info on co-ops was helpful. You are in my prayers.
B
Post a Comment