Tuesday, July 22, 2008

He's here...

Hey. I thought I would stick my head out a bit and say hello.
I've been tucked in doing a little mending. I've also been
praying and listening alot because I have a mini devotion
to give at our Ladies Night Out on Friday. After everything
that happened last week I almost decided to step down and
ask someone else to do it. I know He is here...I can still
feel His presence so I will try my best to be a willing heart.
I also wanted you to read this email devotion I received a
couple days ago....talk a balm to a hurting and wondering
soul....

Gaining Direction Through a Lack of ProvisionTGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman07-21-2008
"You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there" (1 Kings 17:4).
The prophet Elijah pronounced a drought upon the land because of the sin of Ahab and the nation of Israel. There was only one problem. Elijah had to live in the same land as Ahab.
"Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, 'As the LORD, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.' Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah: 'Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there'" (1 Kings 17:1-4).
God provided for Elijah in a supernatural way. The ravens brought bread in the morning and meat in the evening. His water came from the brook.
God often uses money to confirm direction for our lives. Many times God uses a lack of provision to move us into new directions. It is a catalyst to encourage new ideas and strategies. Many times a loss of job becomes the greatest blessing to our lives because it provides the catalyst to do things we simply would never do without taking the step to get out of our comfort zone.
Friend, if you are fully following the Lord in your life and seeking direction from Him and you have no un-confessed sin in your life, there is no way He will allow you to miss His provision for you. He has a thousand ways to get the provision you need at the time you need it. Provision follows obedience.

My obedience right now it to trust Him. I know He has been and
still is guiding me to something more than I could ever dream up
on my own. He could not have been more vocal than what He was
to me in this devotion. Every line of that last paragraph was said
for me...it's right where I am. There are so many things that I'll
go to bed with again tonight that I don't understand. That's okay
though because even in my thoughts of uncertianties I feel a
sense of peace. His is our Provision.....

9 comments:

Fran said...

I'm grinning! God is up to something BIG. He is doing His thing...stay faithful. Trust and obey!

Praying for you today.
Big hugs,
Fran

Given Grace said...

God is so FAITHFUL!!!!

Praying for you as you prepare your devotion for Friday. God is sure to have a mighty worf through you.

Growin' with it said...

as i'm getting "older" i am finding that the most vulnerable times when i feel spent and "done"...are the times that God incredibly works in me and thru me and there i sit w/ my mouth dropped open that such a thing could happen when i felt so raw. hang in there!

luvmy4sons said...

Keep trusting sister. he turly has NOT been knocked of His throne. He is able. He is mighty to save. He can do exceedingly, abundantly more than we ask or imagnie. He who did not spare his own son...how will He not also graciously give us all things! Hugs to you! Glad you feel Him walking beside you. The walk of faith and not sight reaps many benefits, but the walk...gets sticky, huh?

Anonymous said...

Yippeee! This was SUCH a blessing to me! THANK YOU so much!

Still praying for you! And I KNOW you will give a rich blessing to your ladies Friday night! Have a great time & then tell us all about it! (When you feel like it!)

xoxo,
Maria

Denise said...

Obedience ...... the secret to peace in our hearts and souls. Regardless of what it "looks" like we just trust! How hard that is at times and I have been there many times.... Most likely been there more than in my comfort zone.... I have a post started called Mashed Potato's and Fired Chicken..... it follows very close to this...........

Love ya and glad that your spirit man is at rest and HE is speaking...

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Great thoughts on God's provision. I need them today. Let me know how the "talk" goes. I'll be praying.

peace~elaine

Growin' with it said...

how'd i missed this? just now saw your "wordle" LOVE IT!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Can't wait to hear the details on how it went tonight.
I prayed each time I thought about you....which was often. ;)