I love to celebrate the 4th of July!
It reminds us of the freedom we have and the price that was paid for it.
I love that in VBS we still say the pledge to the American flag, Christian flag
and the Bible. They are all reminders to us of the freedom we have.
4th of July Carnival. I thought I would join along and
I'm on a Church softball team again this year. We
have had 3 rain outs already so we have to play on
the 4th. We have only lost one game so far!! The
best part I haven't been sore the next day...yet!!
Since we will be in town for the softball game I hope
we can see the fireworks. We normally just hang
out around the house so we don't usually get to see
them. I have a friend that I work with that is coming
over on the 4th so I think it would be a fun outing.
We will be doing the Grilling action on the 4th...
which is by far my favorite part!
Dad grill ribs, chicken and BURGERS-
he's almost gotten them as good as my Grandaddy's were.
The family BBQ sauce here is simple...
Vinger, butter and pepper.
Uh no, there is no measurements to this mixture.
I thought that I would include Mom's recipe for home made ice cream...
4 large eggs
3 cans of pet milk
3 cups of sugar
3 tablespoons flavoring
Finish filling container with milk
I hope and pray you all have a wonderful- fun-
and safe holiday!!
Remember those that are working and fighting today
to continue to give us this freedom we celebrate.
I have two friends that in the last couple months
their sons have joined the military and are at
bootcamp. Pray for these moms as they watch there
boys march into their future. And pray for these young men
that God will protect them where ever He takes them.
God Bless~




8 comments:
whahoo....thanks for playing! i was gettin' kinda lonely there. okay, the homemade ice cream sounds divine! do i have to have one of those machines? cuz i'm in the mood and my hubby can NEVER get enough of vanilla ice cream!
Sounds like you will have a great day.......... everything sounds like such fun....... Looks like it will be me and Dennis on the 4th
Not sure if we will go to the park to see the fireworks or not........ We will see........ You have a great day and eat lots of burgers for me........ I love burgers......
Love ya !
Happy 4th!!!
Will certainly have to try the ice cream! Yum.
ps..on your prev. post...I LOVE CAMPING IN THE LIVING ROOM! TENTS ROCK!!!
Your plans sound delightful. Hope you have a great day.
Happy 4th! Enjoy the weekend.
peace~elaine
Sounds like a great day! Hope you enjoyed every minute of it!
Girl..playing ball on the 4th is just as normal for us as eating a hamburger! :)
Hope you have had a WONDERFUL Weekend!!
Hugs~
Fran
I love how you have the Chicago song playing for this post...pretty cool.
Your BBQ sauce sounds like what you would find in TX in some places.
And I love that ya'll still make homemade ice cream.We used to do it at family get togethers but stopped awhile back...not sure why.
Glad ya'll had a great day!
Post a Comment