As some of you know I'm in the middle of doing Mrs. Moore's
Bible study "Beloved Disciple". During week four she talked
about the Greek word "Rhema". So that night after Bible study
in my prayers I asked God if He would send me a rhema word.
The next couple days I kept my eyes and ears set to hear it. It
was the next week during study that I got it. I always try and
tape Mrs. Moore on Wednesday and last week I didn't get to
sit down and watch it until Friday night. She was talking about
how we need to get our party back. We let satan still our
Joy and then we are a bunch of Christians walking around like
sad sacks. Then as God have it be I did my homework on
Saturday and low and behold it's the same thing she spoke on
the Wednesday taping. Then I heard a song on the radio that fit
the rhema to a T. I began to think how true it is that we walk
around at times like our God can't handle what we are going
through. Things came up this week- like the little girl from
school, my Grandmother getting sick and some other family "junk"
creeping up it's head. I thought how can I feel like I need to get
back my "party" when all these things are going on!
Then I read this...."Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts
be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27.
I lay all these things that happened this week at the foot of the
cross- knowing He has them in His hands now....and then I
can "party" knowing He has things under control.
In Bible study we talked about it is estimated there are
100 billion stars in our galaxy. He decided how many to
hang and gave them each a name. Our preacher's wife said
that their three year old son looked up in the night sky-
pointed at the stars and said, "that sure is a lot of names.".
I want to personalize what David said in the book of Psalm...
When I think of how vast your Creation is...why would I be the
thing You love. Of all the things He created- all the amazing
wonderful things- Girls He loves us!!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's amazing!
I was looking into the sky last night after group and I thought- that is an Abraham Sky.
Did you know that you can go to inspiration.net and watch Beth full length anytime? I just found that out yesterday.
I heard her give an awesome piece of info this past Wednesday.I need to go see what I am going to do for dinner so I will talk about it later.
The joy of the Lord is our strength.
I heard someone say one time--When I look into God's face and see the Joy my heart and actions bring to Him--I am strengthened.
I have never heard of Beth Moore or read any of her material.. guess I need to go to that web site and check her out....
The second primary Greek word that describes Scripture is rhema, which refers to a word that is spoken and means “an utterance.” A rhema is a verse or portion of Scripture that the Holy Spirit brings to our attention with application to a current situation or need for direction.
We need a Rhema revelation of the scripture
Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Not just a mind understanding of those words but a Rhema heart revelation of those words.......... In all creation with all that His hand crated we are the beloved.......... He loves us as a lover for His mate............ He spends His day watching over us and thinking of the good things that He can do and give to His kids............ Not evil........ Peace to HIS expected end....
Oh how we need the Rhema word of that scripture buried in our hearts.....and when that happens ............ It will set our feet to dancing.......... and the Party will be one............................... in fact.......... I feel a dance coming on........................ I need to go and find my red tambourine.
Great post, Melanie Joy! I saw that show & really enjoyed it! I loved that all the women were praising and giving God thanks, and just like in the Bible, what did it result in? Someone lost getting saved...did you see that part? Someone in that same office complex wanted to know what they were doing, when they found out, she left, came back in tears...wanting THEM to pray for her! Because they had a testimony of getting answers! She ended up committing to Christ and being prayed for by all those happy, joy-filled believing women..I wish I could hear the next part of what God does in her life! :) I KNOW it will be awesome!
God bless! Praying for your family!
maria
I was all over that teaching...if it was the same one...I wrote about it too. Hope you have had your party on! :)
I'm getting caught up on your blog now that I've found me a new friend! I love it. And, your pix are beautiful!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs~
Fran
Post a Comment