
Hey, I'm back. I just spent an amazing week with the Lord.
He has shown me many things...many of them- things that
I need to work on in areas across my life.
First thing We did was search the Word for scripture to go
with the Maya quote that I have found. Which these help
in the days of the Single. He pointed out in the scripture
that I ended my last post on in Col. 3:1-4 that I'm too absorbed
in the things going on around me (work mainly). There were
other things but there is one that I would like to share.
I'm not going to give many details about the situation-
however, the few details I give will give you an idea.
The main reason for my fast was to pray for someone in our
family. I pray for the wife and child everyday...some days
every moment of the day. But this time the focus was on the
husband. I've been afraid to pray boldly about this because
I know sometimes something "bad" has to happen to open
ones eyes. I have a friend here at home that knows about
this and I told her oneday that I didn't know how to pray
about it...she told me to pray for his salvation.
So I began over the weekend and started praying about the
situation. My prayers were not feeling very strong. On
Tuesday night however.... I remembered something I read
that Denise had wrote right before I started my fast. She had
posted about fasting too but she reminded me of the verse
that talks about- the disciples trying to cast out a demon and
they couldn't. Jesus told them the only way to cast out that
type was by prayer and fasting. Then I remember something
I heard Beth Moore say about praying the scriptures was like
putting together two sticks of dynamite. One stick being the
Word and the other stick our prayers. When you put the two
together it can do more damage. Both of these thoughts took
me straight back to Youth Camp in the summer of 2002.
I witnessed Spiritual warfare like I've never heard of. I dreaded
night time falling that week. It was so strong that even in the
presence of the Holy One the sense of the demonic were all
around us. It was a heavy airless feeling- it was like standing
in a lightning storm. There was a huge (wish I knew how high
it was) cross out by the lake and the last night of service was
held out there by it. Let me tell you satan was after those kids.
I heard a sound from behind me and the only thing behind me
was the lake. It sounded like a huge splash in the water. My
first thought was one of the kids fell in the lake...checked things
out had no idea what it was. I said nothing to anyone about
hearing it. A year later a group of teens from another church
came to visit our group and they were talking about this year
at camp. One of the girls had her camera that night and took
a picture of the cross in the night time scenery. The picture of
course blurred from the lack of light....however the exposure
when printed would make your hair stand on end. You could
see the fight that was being fought right before your eyes. It
was told that one of the young girls when they saw the photo
blurted out that's him....that's the one that Jesus put into the cage
and threw into the lake!! Girls, as soon as I thought about this I
got out of my bed and hit the floor. I realize now that this is the
type of warfare I've been praying against. I have never prayed on
my face this way before and it was bold too. A couple hours after
I finished praying our phone rang. It was the wife of this husband
asking a random question about something they were looking for.
It was almost midnight when the call was made....which made me
began to worry but after the pray I had peace about it. The next day
I asked the wife if everything was okay. She said yes and that
normally that kind of thing that had happened that night would have
set him off.....hmmmmm....but it didn't. May I dare say an answer to
prayer...look out satan I'm not giving up and you are not taking away
that which I love.
I will never pray the same after this week....
I really thought God was asking me to be quiet so He could speak to
me. Now I think He was waiting on me to speak to Him. In prayer
and supplication....so then He could speak.
He has shown me many things...many of them- things that
I need to work on in areas across my life.
First thing We did was search the Word for scripture to go
with the Maya quote that I have found. Which these help
in the days of the Single. He pointed out in the scripture
that I ended my last post on in Col. 3:1-4 that I'm too absorbed
in the things going on around me (work mainly). There were
other things but there is one that I would like to share.
I'm not going to give many details about the situation-
however, the few details I give will give you an idea.
The main reason for my fast was to pray for someone in our
family. I pray for the wife and child everyday...some days
every moment of the day. But this time the focus was on the
husband. I've been afraid to pray boldly about this because
I know sometimes something "bad" has to happen to open
ones eyes. I have a friend here at home that knows about
this and I told her oneday that I didn't know how to pray
about it...she told me to pray for his salvation.
So I began over the weekend and started praying about the
situation. My prayers were not feeling very strong. On
Tuesday night however.... I remembered something I read
that Denise had wrote right before I started my fast. She had
posted about fasting too but she reminded me of the verse
that talks about- the disciples trying to cast out a demon and
they couldn't. Jesus told them the only way to cast out that
type was by prayer and fasting. Then I remember something
I heard Beth Moore say about praying the scriptures was like
putting together two sticks of dynamite. One stick being the
Word and the other stick our prayers. When you put the two
together it can do more damage. Both of these thoughts took
me straight back to Youth Camp in the summer of 2002.
I witnessed Spiritual warfare like I've never heard of. I dreaded
night time falling that week. It was so strong that even in the
presence of the Holy One the sense of the demonic were all
around us. It was a heavy airless feeling- it was like standing
in a lightning storm. There was a huge (wish I knew how high
it was) cross out by the lake and the last night of service was
held out there by it. Let me tell you satan was after those kids.
I heard a sound from behind me and the only thing behind me
was the lake. It sounded like a huge splash in the water. My
first thought was one of the kids fell in the lake...checked things
out had no idea what it was. I said nothing to anyone about
hearing it. A year later a group of teens from another church
came to visit our group and they were talking about this year
at camp. One of the girls had her camera that night and took
a picture of the cross in the night time scenery. The picture of
course blurred from the lack of light....however the exposure
when printed would make your hair stand on end. You could
see the fight that was being fought right before your eyes. It
was told that one of the young girls when they saw the photo
blurted out that's him....that's the one that Jesus put into the cage
and threw into the lake!! Girls, as soon as I thought about this I
got out of my bed and hit the floor. I realize now that this is the
type of warfare I've been praying against. I have never prayed on
my face this way before and it was bold too. A couple hours after
I finished praying our phone rang. It was the wife of this husband
asking a random question about something they were looking for.
It was almost midnight when the call was made....which made me
began to worry but after the pray I had peace about it. The next day
I asked the wife if everything was okay. She said yes and that
normally that kind of thing that had happened that night would have
set him off.....hmmmmm....but it didn't. May I dare say an answer to
prayer...look out satan I'm not giving up and you are not taking away
that which I love.
I will never pray the same after this week....
I really thought God was asking me to be quiet so He could speak to
me. Now I think He was waiting on me to speak to Him. In prayer
and supplication....so then He could speak.
7 comments:
Yahoojah!!!! In the words of our mentor--- Beth.
What a powerful testimony!
You go girl!
NOW THAT IS SOMETHING TO GET EXCITED ABOUT!
Now I will tell you to make sure you keep your amour on. Ephesians 6
You keep praying with that dynamite.
We call on the one whom when He stands--HIS ENEMIES SCATTER!!!!!!
Arise Oh LORD!
Keep walking girl.
I know the longing in your heart. I know for whom you pray. But don't you see that He wants your full attention right now. Girl He wants to use you as a mighty weapon to fight against what can not be seen.
Powerful story of your camp time.
Just like we miss the signs of God all around us because we are too busy. I think we also miss the signs of the evidence of our enemy around us because we are too busy.
May we be on our guard.My we be the priest ready to man the wall to warn others of what is trying to get to and into the temple.
Such a beautifully powerful post, bless you.
Melanie Joy! What a beautiful name!
My name is Maria & I am here by way of Sharon. WOWOWOWOWOW! You do not disappoint! I am sooo pleased to meet you! And may I say this post is fabulous & very bold! Thank you for praying for your friend, for her husband! Thank you for caring that much! I hope to see a post one day telling the great things God has done!
Hope to be keeping in touch! I can't miss getting to know a chick as serious and committed to the Kingdom of God!
Maria
Love to see the Lord work!
He always outdoes things when we give him a bit of ourselves.
It's good to see you back...hope you can keep your balance in check so that your time with God is ever increasing.
luv ya girly
~Kate
M...... I am going to delete my comment here....... I have read it again and think maybe now that you are public again it might be best to close it...........:) blessings today............
hugsx0x0x0x
When you get a minutes head over to my blog .... We have finished the Tee shirt contest and now is time to vote..... so hop over to my Samaritan Women and click on my Sew The Word and VOTE.......
It will be fun to see who wins and the shirt that will follow.......
Post a Comment