
I know it's been awhile since my last post. Honestly by the
time I get home my brain is fried and my body is numb.
I'll explain more in my post of what wears me out so.
When I get in front of the computer I veggie out- it is
totally my winding down time. You ladies lift me up
because I come by and visit and you remind me of
how much God loves us and that He is trustworthy in
our lives. Thank you....
I've always been told that Autism in girls is way worse.
The only experience I'd had with a girl was a 21month
old. Last summer we had a girl come into our program.
Her name is Faith and she is now 5. Let me tell the
pro's didn't lie. She throws tantrums like I've never
seen. Flops to the floor, screams, spits. I had a lady
from across the office poke her head in the otherday
because she thought surely I must have been killing
the child. She is wearing me out.
Oneday coming home from work I made that state-
ment- that she was wearing me out- in my thoughts.
As soon as I did this thought replied...
Faith vs. faith. This meant a couple of things to me:
(1) I need to rely on my faith to help Faith. So I've
started praying for her and her parents. I did
this once during the summer with another boy.
(2) I wrestle with Faith just like I do my faith. God
asks me to do or say something and I fall to the
floor kicking and screaming. (hopefully not that
dramatic)
Back in Sept. or Oct. when ever football season started
we took my nephew to his schools first football game.
He was loving it up until halftime. At halftime the little
guys came out in thier football uniforms and played a
halfpint version of the game. He looked at his mom and
said he wanted to play. With all his mom's attempts
to get him to understand (which of course he never did)
that he couldn't he turned and looked at me with the big
puppy dog eyes and said, "Aunt Melanie I can do it...".
So I bent down and asked him- how do you know that you
can do it? Here's his reply, "The heart says I can do it".
Eyes proudly welling up with tears- I stand up look at his
mom and say- put that boy over the fence! I will never
forget those words- THE Heart says I can do it!
The heart...God speaks to the heart of His people...and
by golly we can do ALL things through Him.
I say all this because I want to be SuperWomen and
twirl around and help save the world. I have been so
burdened the last several months for Special Needs.
I was able to go last March to see Beth Moore and it
was amazing. So many women- so much Jesus all
around. The first night we sat in the "nose-bleed"
seats and I noticed a sign near by that read "Reserved
for Special Needs". It was in an area that wheelchairs
could use. The next morning we arose much earlier
and got much better seats. I called my mom during the
break and I told her we were so close I could tell what
color the clip was in her hair! Anyway when the
conference was over I told my sister we have to walk
up to where we sat that night. Yes I snatched the paper
sign. It's hanging on my wall to remind me...pray for
them. Also to pray that ones like me will find the sheer
energy to do more. I don't want to limit to ones with
neurological needs but physical disabilities, mental
disabilities and Spiritual disabilities/needs.

4 comments:
What an amazing heart that God has given you for His special kids. Is it not only with and for Him that we can make it through each day. Knowiing that He is blessing us as we tend to His special kids. (Im not sure if I told you...Im back in Early Childhood in a Speech and Language class)
I had a student who sounds alot like your Faith...one day I wrestled with her for 20 minutes trying to put her pants on...until someone finally heard us and came in and helped. It was one of the best workout I have ever had...and she was 4..oh my!!!! So I can so relate to your Faith vs. faith...and prayer is one of the best things we can do for our students. I will add her to my prayer list.
May we always listen to God as He speaks to our heart. How priceless!!
So glad that God has reserved such a special place in your heart for His children. May He continue to Bless You!!
Stacey
The callings that the Lord places in our lives are so unique to each of us....... He is always watching over His word in us and prepares us for each task........ He leads, guides and encourages and speaks to us in order for us to grow stronger.....He challenges us so that our faith will increase.... The challenges in our life and the strengthening of our faith prepares us for the new places that He will lead......... I have had faith in my faith on many occasions and He had to teach me that it is faith in Him and not in my faith............ Sometimes my faith feels very weak....
That is hard lessons for me..... and I am still learning that my faith is made stronger when it is stretched and pulled........ I remember the simple challenges of my faith in the early years that now seem so small but it was foundation for the faith that I need for today..........
How blessed are those that God brings in your path as He tugs at your heart and teaches and strengthens you as you are always listening to His voice.....
He always prepares us for the calling He calls us to....................
and no you cannot be Super Woman .......... because I think I am............
:) hugsxx0x0x00x
Praying for you and little Faith. I've been in those same shoes dear and I promise you that the Lord will help you. He'll not only use you in her life but He'll use her to change yours as well if you let him!
You have been found!
Now don't you feel much better? :)
I know the wanting to twirl around making everything better as I go.
And then the exhaustion that is to follow.
I think that I can say I probably feel about the body of Christ the way you do about special needs individuals.
My soul and spirit have been in groaning mode for awhile now. I try to remember to do what I must and then place it in His hand during rest time.
I believe it is like carrying the burden of the Lord. Who will be found worthy to carry the burden?
O.K--got to go. It is still before school time. I am working on my wireless connection. I think I may be up and running again. Don't know if I fixed the problem yet--to scared to check. :)
Post a Comment