
Okay, Sharon over at Sit With Me Awile has tagged me. Now, this really
is fun I'm just having trouble coming up with 12. Soooo here goes.
1. List 12 random things about yourself that has to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this
"if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then
nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag
is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating
through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be
over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
1. For me colored lights are a must. My sisters are into the white lights
but I think all the colors are the making of Christmas cheer.
2. I look forward each year to Christmas night. That's when I get to have
"Christmas" with my immediate family.
3. I have a nephew and a niece (if you can't tell by all the pictures). They
have brought sheer JOY to Christmas. Yes, this Aunt knows how to
spoil them stinking rotten!!
4. I love home made hot chocolate. As a matter of fact I plan to make some
tonight. It's finally gotten cold here again.
5. Our (sisters) stockings are the same ones that we've had since we were kids.
My mom still hangs them up on her fireplace every year. Now that the
family is growing she insists on everyone having one hung. Starting to run
out of room. I joke with her if I ever do get married she is going to have to
add on to the mantle.
6. The year before our Papaw past away he started reading the "Christmas
Story" from his Bible. Every year since that's become a tradition that
we do right before we open our gifts.
7. I am all about home made gifts. I love to pick the perfect gift for each person.
I normally do this through out the year.
8. I played Mary once in a Christmas play and my cousin was Joseph. I'm pretty
shy and they had to trick me into doing it. I was so nervous I chewed gum
the whole time and it was so obvious.
9. This year I celebrate my 6th anniversary of overcoming depression. Now that
may seem a little ouch but it's a huge victory that I love to celebrate. To
decorate and feel the "Christmas Spirit" that I call God's love is amazing.
10. My favorite Christmas songs are "I'll Be Home for Christmas" and the
theme to Charlie Brown Christmas.
11. We never had a live Christmas tree but Mamaw and Papaw had one
every year. I loved going to pick out the perfect tree. However, it took us
longer to pick out the perfect tree lot because Papaw would refuse to buy
one marked Xmas.
12. Drum roll please....My favorite part of Christmas is that even though in
all the hustle and bustle of the rush time just stands still. It is such an amazing
time to reflect on the year and all God's done in it.
Ok, I'm for sure tagging Stacey over at Given Grace and anyone else that would
like to join in on the fun! Merry Christmas....
is fun I'm just having trouble coming up with 12. Soooo here goes.
1. List 12 random things about yourself that has to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this
"if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then
nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag
is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating
through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be
over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
1. For me colored lights are a must. My sisters are into the white lights
but I think all the colors are the making of Christmas cheer.
2. I look forward each year to Christmas night. That's when I get to have
"Christmas" with my immediate family.
3. I have a nephew and a niece (if you can't tell by all the pictures). They
have brought sheer JOY to Christmas. Yes, this Aunt knows how to
spoil them stinking rotten!!
4. I love home made hot chocolate. As a matter of fact I plan to make some
tonight. It's finally gotten cold here again.
5. Our (sisters) stockings are the same ones that we've had since we were kids.
My mom still hangs them up on her fireplace every year. Now that the
family is growing she insists on everyone having one hung. Starting to run
out of room. I joke with her if I ever do get married she is going to have to
add on to the mantle.
6. The year before our Papaw past away he started reading the "Christmas
Story" from his Bible. Every year since that's become a tradition that
we do right before we open our gifts.
7. I am all about home made gifts. I love to pick the perfect gift for each person.
I normally do this through out the year.
8. I played Mary once in a Christmas play and my cousin was Joseph. I'm pretty
shy and they had to trick me into doing it. I was so nervous I chewed gum
the whole time and it was so obvious.
9. This year I celebrate my 6th anniversary of overcoming depression. Now that
may seem a little ouch but it's a huge victory that I love to celebrate. To
decorate and feel the "Christmas Spirit" that I call God's love is amazing.
10. My favorite Christmas songs are "I'll Be Home for Christmas" and the
theme to Charlie Brown Christmas.
11. We never had a live Christmas tree but Mamaw and Papaw had one
every year. I loved going to pick out the perfect tree. However, it took us
longer to pick out the perfect tree lot because Papaw would refuse to buy
one marked Xmas.
12. Drum roll please....My favorite part of Christmas is that even though in
all the hustle and bustle of the rush time just stands still. It is such an amazing
time to reflect on the year and all God's done in it.
Ok, I'm for sure tagging Stacey over at Given Grace and anyone else that would
like to join in on the fun! Merry Christmas....
4 comments:
Good job!
See that wasn't so hard.:)
I am a white lights girl and a live Christmas tree is a must.
You should share your recipe for your hot chocolate.
I used to make homemade Christmas gifts. Now I just do baking for those i do not buy for.
I love Christmas with family too. I look forward to having everyone here and making it a special day for them.I usually get a little uptight with all the preparation-I will try and relax this year. I would like time to stand still so that we can really enjoy it.
Thanks for tagging me...it was fun! So stop by and see mine!
Good job! I love reading about your Christmas memories... I am a white light person .. or red, or green.... never mixed... I think I will try the hot choc..... YUM!
Very Merry Christmas to ya!
Post a Comment