
Ok, it's 10:45 p.m. on the coldest night we've had yet. According to the
weather channel it's around 31 degrees. My Dad calls me...meet me out
I need you to hold the light while I work on deer feeder. Yes Ma'am I am
from the country. I pull my jeans on top of my pj bottoms, tee shirt,
sweatshirt, long sleeve corduroy shirt, my jacket and toboggan
(now Sharon there's you a picture...and I'm working on one...country girl
no digital camera). Anyway, much as my body really didn't want to go....
I witnessed the most beautiful thing I've seen in a while. Dad is
complaining because he can't get things put back together and at some
point I just look straight up into the sky.
In the crisp night air the black background of the sky and among the now
naked Oak tree branches were the brightest stars I've ever seen. It
looked like a Christmas tree with white lights all across the sky.
It reminded me of times in the Woods with my Dad. As scared and fearful
as I can be there has never been a time in those woods (yes even that
one time we were truly lost) that I've been afraid. I know that my Dad
knows those areas like the back of his hand. It hit me that's how I should
walk everyday of my life...not afraid because my Father...the creator of
those beautiful stars knows every area of my life...like the back of His hand.
8 comments:
What a wonderful story. I to was raised in the country and remember laying out on the trunk of my parents car starring up at the stars on a warm summer night. I had never before considred the peace and saftey I feel with my earthly dad being how I should feel with my Heavenly Father. Thank you for sharing this, it is a morsel worth chewing on a long time.
God Bless
Katt
LOL let me correct a statement. I have been in the woods many times hunting with freinds and just nosing around. Even at night I was not afraid, and I had not considered your point... God knows life and I should feel as secure in that as with my Dad.
Please forgive the double comment. Its 1am and I guess my mind is blurry.
Wow thanks for sharing that beautiful moment. I love star-gazing.
That was not a yeah I know post. That was packed with TRUTH.
I once we realize the depth of that truth we actually walk in it-our life will never be the same.
Fear has been a huge tool used by Satan in my life in the past. I am smart enough now to know that he will bring it back up when ever he gets the chance. But as my trust(faith)grows the less he is able to side tract me with his lies.
Great post.
You sound like my sister-she is still holding on to her camera that uses film.
I have been tempted to buy her a new one. At this time of the year you can get some really great ones on sale for around a hundred.
What a beautiful post.
God bless.
I will pray that God sends you a
young Geezer,with all those qualities.
God bless.
Oh Melanie...what an amazing post! Thank you so much, it was just the word that I needed! He does know every detail of our lives, He knows the number of hairs on our head and He placed all those stars excatly where you saw them.
Oh my......... what a beautiful picture that painted in my mind... He knows me like the back of His hand........ That is powerful and brings with it peace in the darkness.......
Post a Comment