Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Available...

Have you ever felt like you've just fallen through the cracks and

nobody has noticed? God took me through that stage when I was

in college. I started missing church...and just a lot of other things.

I've always been open and honest here. And since there have

been only a few of you stick with me...and I love you by the way...

I don't see any need in worrying about anything I say after I

hit publish post.

I have to admit I've gotten very very addicted to facebook.

However, I am getting to catch up on some very old friends.

I was just hanging out the other day and sitting idle on my

facebook page when I noticed some of the settings I was

looking at. Like...Online friends, you have a friend request-

confirm or ignore, no one is available to chat, other

request...oh and we can't forget...What are you doing

right now. Well duh, trying to find a connection!!

We've all read the books that quote "we were created

for relationship". And indeed that is just how He

created us.

You guys know I have my times were singleness

brings loneliness. I know even as married you to

feel loneliness. It's just a place I'm sitting in right

now. Not for a lack of not having a husband...not

sure why really it's just where I am. And it must

be a place where He wants me.

How good it feels to see a friend "online" you know

plugged into our relationship. Someone available

to chat with. How true is it that we can view

someone and choose to confirm or ignore them.

Or for someone to choose to confirm or ignore us.

I have to admit there is a couple of people that I

have felt ignored...let's call it the real word...

rejected by. Yes, one being a guy. I realize

just now that I am allowing that to confirm me...

Reconfirming some old lies that satan once

made me believe about myself. And confirming

to me that God wants me to Himself.

You know what guys...I took that photo one

day when I got in from work...I never thought

about what caught my attention in it till now...

The thing that feel between the crack...It's growing!





(this is my Granddaddy's Bible)

Thank you for accepting my friend request!

For being available to chat!

LOL...

Love you!

6 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I hear ya girl...I hear your heart.
Loneliness wears so many different faces. I talked to a woman last night...married, children, involved in church....and so lonely for a friend. It hurt my heart. But I saw myself there. The woman I was for so many years.
When you spoke of the guy I could not help but think of the quote I heard a few years ago...Sometimes rejection is Gods protection. Doesn't always feel like it at the time...but if I had listened to that I would have been saved of such pain...instead I pushed through.
Nothing and no one can thwart the plans of GOd...found that in a verse the other day. It gave me hope...hope to know and rest in the fact that if God has plans...He will bring it to past.
You haven't fallen through the crack because your Daddy God is working His plan and He is going to make sure you get what you need at this point in your life.
And He is going to make sure that that lonely Mother gets what she needs at this point in her life if she will call out to Him.
He loves us so.
FOR GOD SOOOOO LOVED...
And I love you to...praying for you...as usual. ;)
Love the pictures!

Growin' With It said...

you always have a beautiful way of putting your words together, insert a gorgeous photo and then touch my heart.

hugs back atcha & i love chatting with you!

Denise said...

Sometimes God just needs to hide us away for a while, if it be for healing or growth or rest or learn and grow... Whatever the reason during those times HE makes sure that the SON always shines on us to keep us warm and nurtured!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I just haven't been able to get going too much with the facebook thing. That being said, I've made some connections and it seems to be for good reasons. Honestly, I can't handle another addiction and find that I sometimes choose the computer over face to face relationships. Learning to balance it all has been a hard thing for me, but I'm trying.

If ever you need me, always feel free to email. I don't surf blogs as much as I used to, but it doesn't mean I'm not thinking about my friends. I thought about you tonight, and here I am!

peace~elaine

luvmy4sons said...

It is so easy to feel lonely no matter what your situation...though I can think that being single would afford more opportunity for that. Me and my little sis often talked about it. And every time I read your posts I think of her, and I have to tell you she just had her first baby over the weekend at the age of 40! Little Gideon! And there was a time that she never thought it possible. I do not know what you have in store down the road, but I do know that with such a sweet and giving and kind spirit you will never be completely alone. I am so sorry though that you feel this way. I struggled with it this weekend myself despite all my sons and hubby around me and being with both my sisters as she gave birth. Why? Because my eldest is withdrawing from me. Likely normal growing stuff but I felt so alone despite myself. And in church this one line stood out..."And I have found the greatest love of all is mine..." I am blogging about that later...and I want you to know deep within your spirit..that the GREATEST love of all is YOURS! He truly is the only ONE who can meet all of our needs. Blessings and hugs and prayers for you sweet sister!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.