
I wish I could describe my mood lately. It's a really weird
combination of quiet and a bit withdrawn. What makes it
weird to me is that it's not from being down or blue. It's
almost like sitting back and watching things going on around
you. Today was a bit emotional as we gals tend to be at least
once a month ;( Anyway, we dropped off a package today
and I wanted to share the moment with you....
The other day we were in the mall and we picked a name
off the Salvation Army Christmas tree. We decided on a
little boy the same age as my nephew, we wanted him to
help us pick out the gifts we would buy. (I'm going to tear
up again) When we got home we explained to him why
we were going to buy toys for a little boy name Joshua.
Hmm...yeah, his name is Joshua...not a coincidence
for me. Anyway, when my nephew found out we were
to drop of the gifts for Joshua....he said, "cool, we can
drop them off and then I can play with him!". He was
sooo excited when he exclaimed this. Yet a bit
disappointed that he couldn't actually give it to Joshua.
It just warmed my heart to know that he wanted to
not only give a gift but sit down and enjoy the
company of what he would consider "a new friend".
I so wish the Ladies of our church would catch a bit of
this....the joy of giving, receiving and sharing things of
"real" quality with one another!
I also thought about the "gift" that He gave to us! And
I'm so glad the He didn't want to give it anonymously!
He wanted to stick around and play!!
God has also blessed me with some wonderful...
wonderful friendships this year...I'm so grateful!
You Girls...you warm my heart!
5 comments:
What a sweetie your nephew is. And a child shall lead them. blessings to you this day sweet sister! Many blessings!
What great thoughts!
I think this Christmas has hit me the biggest of any. The thought that He came here for me. That He left heaven for me.
It just fills my heart with love. Love that I want to share.
No this time is not about getting...it is about reaching out to others in love. Which is what I felt like your nephew was saying.
And I agree with you....if we can get beyond our own need and step into the lives of others what a different world we would live in.
I like the thought that it is not all business with Him....He does want to play.
Love ya girl
what a sweet memory for him to remember of his aunt! truly giving and kind and loving. i melted on the "gonna play with him" part. precious.
Merry Christmas, Melanie. Thanks for sharing your heart with this young child. He will be blessed by your kindness. It sounds as if you've all been blessed by the doing.
peace~elaine
I was the secretary of the Salvation Army here in Ada for 9 years and I organized the Angel tree and took all the applications for the children. For 9 years I watched as people in the community gave to those children and I was there the day that the mothers came after the packages....... Some would cry and be so thankful and those few made it so worth it......... It is in the giving that the Love of God abounds in our hearts...... I miss that job....
Post a Comment