I am battling a huge bout of fatigue. This school year has
totally tapped me out. However, in the midst of a really
bad day this week God gave me a picture of His presence.
I had promised my nephew that during Spring Break he
could come to work with me. He loves to play in the
sensory gym- can't blame him it is pretty cool. Anyway,
I haven't explained to him just yet that I work with Special
needs kids and that there are just kids born that have
different ways of learning and playing. So, I was a little
afraid of how he would react to one of the kids that was
in that day. They both interacted really well with each
other until the little boy with autism got really excited.
When he gets excited he starts to stim. Stimming is a
form of body movement that is in the rocking, hand
flapping or eye gazes that they do when over stimulated.
As the little boy began to stim my nephew got that
nervous fearful look in his eyes. Before I could get to
him my cowork stepped in between them because she
noticed my nephew's reaction. That night I was thinking
about the day and I remembered this taking place.
There are some things in my nephew's world that I would
like to protect him from. All in reality I can do right now
though is pray for God's protection over him. As I was
thinking about what had happened that day between the
two boys God spoke something so beautiful to my heart.
He showed me that He is the One who can step in between
the nervous and fearful things in my nephew's life and in
all our lives. I've always known that He is our protection
but to have such a tender view of it in real life was so
moving and real. When there is something fearful or
anxious going on in our lives and when satan is getting
a little too close our Mighty God steps in to protect us as
His children. Our Father stepping in to protect and shield
us.
It reminded me of a point in our Bible study- "Beloved
Disciple". Beth Moore said, "Suddenly Jesus walked
through their barriers, into their hiding places, and
appeared among them." This was taken from John 20
when the disciples were afraid and locked themselves
in a room and Jesus came through the locked door and
appeared before them. Just think about being so afraid
that you've locked yourself behind closed doors. Be it
literal locked doors or locking ourselves behind mental
doors. God sees us and comes to us through whatever
is before or around us to protect and comfort us.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Thank you--I'm listening and I heard. :)
How powerful.... He is our shield... One of my favorite verses is :
Isa 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in, like a flood the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
the enemy has permission to only come so close as in the life of Job.. and then the Lord God moves in between the fear or distress or whatever is moving toward us.. I heard a powerful statement from a girl here on the blog somewhere .. she is battling a terrible disease and here is what she said........
My days on this earth will not be one less day because of this disease because the Lord has my days counted... It is He that decides when I leave this world..
I found that to be a powerful statement and I have never forgot it.... He has the last word in our life.. not fear or disease or famine, or principalities or powers.. OH YEAH.. I am up on my soap box...
What a beautiful revelation He has given to your heart..... You will never forget that.... it has been born in your heart....
WOW! I am so blessed through my bloggy friends! I am so blessed at God's ministering to us all through each other...there are all these beautiful threads of rhema connecting us all. People, He IS cleansing us with the water of the word!
For 12 months - Jan - Dec 2007, the Lord had me in His word to dig out the ways we can "Know God as Our Covering"...your post has reminded me yet again,not to ever forget this aspect of His charachter as I move forward.
Awesome rhema word, Melanie!
love your heart for your nephew and niece!
Maria
That is such a great story and relates well with God's love for us and protection of us.
Thanks for checking up on me. I'll send you an email on what's up...guess I'm just not brave enough to post it.
You so encourage me to push through closer to Him..........
love ya
This was really beautiful, bless you.
Reading your comment on my Devotional page about forgiveness... Is it not a mystery how God changes how we look at someone after we have forgiven them... We see them different .. we look on them with compassion... How does He do that....... He cannot change our minds but He can change our hearts... We cannot change our hearts but we can change our minds........ So when we change our minds He will change our hearts........ He is a mighty God............
Post a Comment