Saturday, October 27, 2007

Staying focused


When I stop and look at how far God and I have come in the last five years it just blows me away. There was a time of reparenting but the toughest part was erasing the thirty years of negativity that I had lived in. It will always be a stuggle but I know it will always keep me focused on and in His Word. I have these statements typed and hanging on my wall and thought I would pass them along....

~ Don't lose confidence in God's goodness
~ Be strong
~ Do not lose hope
~ Let God be your Shield and help
~ Be patient
~ Continue to cry out to God
~ Cling to His Word
~ Watch for His answers
~ Trust in His unfailing Love

~ Lord, I praise you for...
~ Help me to do your will by...
~ Lord, I need...
~ Please forgive me for...
~ Help me to forgive...
~ I am struggling with...
~ Please help me stand firm.
For you alone are Lord and I give you
all the glory. Amen.

4 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

A little something for you on my Sunday post!

Given Grace said...

Hope all is well with you! What a great post, as I looked through your list it was difficult to pick which spoke to me the most.

Trust in His unfailing love....very powerful!
Thanks,
Stacey

Sharon Brumfield said...

Trust in His unfailing love.....that is what I am trusting in.

AK said...

Melanie, thank you for that very sweet comment on my post! You're absolutly right and the Lord is continuing to show me all the things that you talked about everyday. I love that you work with autistic children! I have a little bit of experience with them and they are truly blessings. I've honestly prayed alot about opportunites with special needs children but I don't really feel thats somewhere God is leading me at this moment.

It was nice to meet you and see how the Lord is working in your life through your blog!
Amy