Well, I wanted to give you an update on a prayer request. The new
student that we've been waiting on was finally able to come today.
However, it was so bad that he couldn't even stay for the full two hours
he was scheduled to stay. He was trying to escape from the building
and coming after the workers. My boss couldn't believe that he wouldn't
respond to a positive environment as opposed to the harsh (almost
abusive) one he was in. My thoughts were that it's all he's ever known...to
him that was his "love" or bond. He was offensive to our showing him a
caring behavior.
All day my heart has been so heavy for not just this boy but to a WORLD
of hurting teens. They don't even have to be a "problem" child to feel this
way. Abandoned- neglected- abused- victims. I LOVE teens they have
always been so near to my heart. I have worked through church with them
for years. I have always heard this saying that by the time they are teens
that it's like pouring concrete and it's hardened and so hard after that to
change. Things like this just fuel a flame in me- Thank you Jesus. They/We
have been fed so many lies by satan that we don't even know how bad it is.
I am committing this week to pray for our teens. Will you join me?
God Bless~
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will continue to pray for your new student....may God's love touch his heart.
And thanks so much for lifting up our teens, I will join with you. Still having 2 teens myself I know how badly todays teens need our prayers.
Would you include my son, Loren in your prayers, he has been sick for a few weeks now and last weekend I had to go pick him up from the ER with a 105 fever. He still is not better, he's seeing the dr. today, so please add him to your prayer list. Thanks
Post a Comment